The Client Partner is responsible for developing new and existing client relationships within their industry sector with a view to delivering revenue targets by selling all Dow Jones products and services and increasing client satisfaction and retention across all brand and media solutions including custom content, video, podcasts and events.
This role supports the Client Director for their industry sector and must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating referenceable customers.
- Develop and execute an effective relationship management plan for new and existing clients that positions us as the partner of choice for media solutions and drives revenue growth through consultative interactions.
- ‘Own the client’ – proactively seek and create opportunities to establish a strong business relationship which leads to exceedingly high levels of retention and satisfaction.
- Maintain deep industry sector knowledge keeping abreast of industry trends and evangelize the value of Dow Jones products and solutions, proactively keeping clients abreast of new product offerings and product updates.
- Qualify opportunities by quickly grasping a client’s complex business subject matter, focusing on the key aspects, defining the vision for delivering strategic and tangible business value using Dow Jones products and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with industry sector and solutions teams to produce proposal presentations and documentation in a timely manner.
- Close media sales opportunities in line with revenue targets.
- 5+ years client sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales or consulting experience preferred
- Financial sector experience and/or understanding is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high levels of client service and drive revenue growth while managing multiple clients
- Must be comfortable working with internal stakeholders to deliver market-leading client solutions and partnerships propositions
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Google productivity and Salesforce.com applications
- Strong one on one and group presentations skills
- Willingness to travel
Reasonable accommodation: Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy – We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at [email protected]. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area:MEDIA SALES
Union Status: Union role
Pay Range: $50,000 – $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..