We are looking for an experienced and high-energy communicator to join our Internal Communications & Media Relations team. The ideal candidate will enhance Mizuho’s brand, both internally and externally, by creating a variety of compelling messages across a host of channels. The position is an integral part of the larger Corporate Communications & Marketing team, which comprises Branding and Creative Services, Digital and Social Media, and Corporate Sponsorships and Events.
- Draft/edit internal announcements and emails to help convey company developments and keep employees closely linked to the company mission.
- Draft/edit content for the company intranet to keep the site a dynamic and informative central location for internal company information such as company developments, Mizuho in the news, employee events and public appearances, and other related items.
- Draft/edit external facing marketing and public relations materials such as press releases, fact sheets, infographics, executive biographies, employee announcements, company descriptions, brochures, pitch books, by-lined articles, and thought leadership pieces, among others.
- Research awards programs and speaking opportunities for executives and thought leaders. Maintain a calendar of awards programs and draft/edit award entries, conference speaking applications, industry presentations and event pitches.
- Arrange, prepare spokespeople for, and proctor media interviews. Perform fact-checking and follow up as necessary.
- Liaise with corporate communications, media relations and counterparties in the Tokyo headquarters and other regions.
- Monitor and report on our press coverage.
- 2-4 years of applicable experience with at least 2 years working in the financial services industry. Investment banking and/or capital markets experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English, communications or related field.
- Superior business writing, creative writing, and editing skills required.
- The ability to write about complex subject matter in a concise and compelling manner easily understood by the reader.
- Experience working across an organization and collaborating with other marketing and communications teams, such as creative, social, digital, and events.
- The ability to work within tight and unpredictable deadlines.
- Capable of acting with urgency and tending to several projects simultaneously.
- The ability to quickly grasp the firm’s businesses and priorities.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Team player with positive, can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships and interact with senior management.
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties.
The expected base salary ranges from $77,000 – $120,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications and licenses obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Mizuho has in place a remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.