BNY Mellon: Marketing Retail Brand Manager – Retail Direct
ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
As the Specialist, Retail Brand Manager within BNY Mellon Wealth Management’s Digital Advisory Services, you will help launch our first native digital investment platform. Reporting into the Head of Wealth Management Growth Strategy and work with a passionate team of engineers, designers, data scientists and investment experts that define the product vision, strategy and deliver an experience that drives business outcomes. This position is ideal for someone with lots of fintech and digital banking experience that wants to have a greater impact - you'll be launching this product as the first emerging HNW at BNY Mellon, the world’s first and oldest bank!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Brand Vision: Accountable for the long-term vision of our digital investment product including multi-year funding strategies tied to the business outcomes. Cultivate an understanding of what digital advisory is at BNY Mellon Wealth Management.
- Develop Brand Roadmap: Share in the development of our overall digital consumer product roadmap while being the primary owner of the digital banking product roadmap. Define and track success using frameworks like Objective Key Results (OKR's).
- Cross-Collaboration: Accountable for understanding all the requirements across the company to launch and build features for the new digital brand. This includes technical requirements from our partner company, developers, enterprise architecture, design etc. as well as non-technical requirements from legal, compliance, Wealth Management marketing, sales (wealth managers), etc.
- Define the Brand: Set the initial definition of what the digital product is from how it looks, why someone would want it, and how it works all the way through to how it's maintained and serviced.
- Stakeholdering: Proactive communication and marketing of digital investment platform and products with stakeholders to ensure product and brand strategy is clear and accepted by the organization.
- Design Partnership: Work with award-winning external agency and internal corporate design team to drive world-class design based on user feedback.
- Feature Prioritization: Leverage Customer Journeys and user stories to inform commercial-facing website to inform on-going brand strategy.
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation in collaboration with Head of Marketing Research at Wealth Management.
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Collaborates with Digital Project Manager for daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Resolution: Identify and resolve issues that may impair the ability to meet strategic, financial, and/or technical goals
- 7+ years of prior experience with at least 9 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Demonstrated successful cross-functional work in previous experience along with excellent communication, time management, and project management experience, strong business acumen and high self-awareness/EQ. Along with previous research experience required, influence skills, previously proven successful leadership partnerships, expert in translating product requirements into technical requirements, and a high ability to work in ambiguity and solution effectively.
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions.
- Knowledge Preferred: Knowledge of the financial services industry; Familiarity with BI tools; Certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role; Experience in leadership or mentorship of a team; Multiple years working in complex, cross-functional companies managing multiple products and PMs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.