BNY Mellon: Marketing Segment Manager – WM Investor Solutions
ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The Specialist, Investor Solutions Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Institutional Marketing and work in close partnership with senior members of the Wealth Management marketing team as well as BNY Mellon Wealth Management Investments organization more broadly to support the marketing strategy for Investor Solutions. The individual will play a pivotal role in generating awareness, interest and demand for live and virtual programs, emails, podcasts as well as key thought leadership initiatives, RFPs and larger institutional initiatives. Candidate must be comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, working through complex matrixed organizations.
The global managed investments platform is comprised of traditional and alternative investments, as well as open architecture is one of Wealth Management’s fastest growing divisions.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop a deep understanding of segment specific consumer insights and partner with marketing director on developing the comprehensive go-to-market strategy
- Manage large scale marketing initiatives in support of overall business strategies, partnering with Sales, Investment Specialists, Event Program Management and third-party agencies, as required
- Work closely across functions to ensure programs are on strategy and on schedule
- Manage and maintain the investment marketing calendar and budget for the team, ensuring a disciplined and well-planned approach to the development and execution of marketing programs
- Collaborate in the development and execution of multi-channel campaign plans to drive awareness of the investments story and teams’ deep capabilities across asset classes through email, digital and print assets, social and third-party partnerships. This position will be a key partner in tracking the effectiveness of campaigns, working closely with teammates to help define strategies to deepen the engagement of our audience. Responsible for sharing results, lessons learned and observations for future marketing efforts
- Partner across larger BNY Mellon lines of businesses and WM internal communication teams on field engagement and preparedness efforts for new programs
- Coordinate required legal and compliance approvals of related project/campaign marketing and communications materials
- Work alongside the investments organization leadership team and across functions, driving the development of clear messaging (client facing and internal awareness), including offering value proposition around product launch content
- Support and foster the global team working model, partnering and building trust with colleagues across the globe, region and lines of business
- Understanding of the wealth management industry and core product offerings required
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 5-7 years of related experience preferred,, experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Experience in building and implementing large-scale integrated marketing programs. Experience in digital marketing a plus