Citywire: Head of Sales
Head of sales - Citywire
If you’re enthusiastic about the world of finance and media and have the ability to create and maintain trust with clients, we’re looking for a Head of Sales like you to join our New York team. This job is ideal for someone with experience of managing, organizing and motivating a team of salespeople.
Citywire is a UK-based leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management. Some of the main areas of our business are media (publishing), events and marketing/content production services. Although we are a small-medium sized company, we have a global reach, with offices in London, Munich, Milan, Singapore, and New York. Our NYC office has grown rapidly over the past few years, and we are looking for a driven, hard-working, organized individual to join our US team as head of sales.
The key facts for this role
At Citywire, you’ll immerse yourself in the evolving media landscape and our ongoing product and data developments. Knowledge of the financial industry is a definite advantage too. You will have an interest in the financial world and want to understand how it works. What is more important is your ability to communicate complex ideas in an articulate and enthusiastic way. We are seeking a consultative sales head who has an ability to focus on short-term wins while also working to build and strengthen our long-term client partnerships. Some travel around the US will be required for this role.
We’re seeking a player-coach who wants to stay engaged with the clients and grow the business from the front working very closely with the Director of the US and Latin America who is also very engaged with the clients and is very hands on. This is more than a pure management role, it is a chance to grow a team of sales professionals and drive the growth of the business from the front.
Business Development and Relationship Building - (40%)
- Build and nurture strong relationships at a senior level within asset management firms and their media agencies
- Speak on the phone, video conference, or meet in person regularly with clients and confidently present new ventures and ideas
- Work to maintain and grow revenue by looking for innovative ways to support campaigns and proactively identify and contact any new advertisers in the market
Account Management - (30%)
- Work closely with our Production and Ad Operations teams to help clients create and execute effective campaigns, measure results, and present timely reporting to clients in order to grow renewals and budget allocations
Management - (30%)
- Managing the team of sales people and making sure that the systems (CRM, bookings systems, accounting) are working as they should.
- Organizing the team around upcoming projects to make sure that both the long term strategic campaign business and the short term tactical business is all being driven.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The post holder will have:
- A recent Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance would be advantageous however this is not essential. Experience of an office based environment would also be a plus. Relevant experience would also be considered.
- Exceptional listening skills; adept at “reading the room”.
- Outstanding communication and written skills; persuasive personality and confident individual.
- An ability to build close working relationships with ease.
- An interest in the asset management industry or back yourself to develop an interest in the asset management industry. Our best salespeople know the industry as well as their clients, and in some cases even better.
- Results-driven – Energetic, enthusiastic, and tenacious; who comes with an outstanding work ethic and expects the best from him or herself.
- Self-starter - Thrives working to their own drumbeat and places pressure on themselves to outperform sales targets.
- Credible - Considered and nuanced communicator.
- Ownership – Adept at leading their own projects from an early stage in the role and who will actively seek such challenges.
- Creative ideation – Curious and agile thinker; happy to be involved in sales team planning to create new projects and products
- Collaboration – Natural networker, who builds relationship with ease (internally and externally)
- Role Model – Is a role model and champions best practice in diversity and inclusion.
- 15 days paid vacation days from day 1. This will rise to 18 working days once 3 years continuous service has been achieved, 19 days once 4 years has been completed and 20 working days once 5 years continuous service has been achieved (plus federal and state holidays).
- Competitive Medical Insurance Provision. We understand Medical cover is important for everybody. At the moment, Citywire provides the following benefits to you via the Trinet platform -our payroll and benefits provider:
- Citywire provides a generous fixed monthly contribution which currently covers 100% of the premium for the very comprehensive “Aetna EPO 45 Tri-State”.
- Life assurance equivalent to $20,000
- Short term disability insurance-50% of salary covered
- Long term disability insurance- 50% of salary covered
- Trinet's benefits platform will also present a number of additional insurance options you may wish to purchase -this includes vision, dental, and tax efficient benefits that will help with the cost of commuting.
- Company 401k Retirement Plan.
- Monthly company contribution towards gym membership of your choice.
- Fresh coffee and snacks to help yourself throughout the day.
- Training support options available from day 1.
Please do not miss our latest company video where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYBEKicRUs
Job Type: Full-time (with remote working and flexible options)
Work Experience: Experience in a commercial/business environment and interest in the Asset Management/Finance sector if possible, but not required.
Education: Bachelors’s Degree or higher preferred, but not required if applicant has sufficient applicable work experience.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Remote working and flexibility for office/home working in the future is advantageous, but you must consider that your office hub will be in NY City and you'll be expected to attend meetings and work at the office in the future.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer