Cognito: Public Relations Account Executive
Cognito is a fast growing, international PR, marketing, and communications agency. We specialize in helping finance, technology, and professional services organizations, from large international players to cutting-edge startups, grow their business and manage their reputations.
PLUS! The New York office offers:
- Unlimited paid time off
- A creative culture of learning
- Offsites and happy hours
- A biannual global conference (previous locations include Barcelona, Dublin and Vegas!)
- Opportunities to work in our offices around the world
We are looking for an experienced and driven Account Executive to join our PR team. The ideal candidate is a media relations specialist, with experience pitching finance journalists. This candidate also has experience crafting stories and pitches to generate coverage primarily through earned media, combined with an understanding of how stories combine with digital and online platforms.
Working directly with senior communications teams and C-suite spokespeople within client organizations, you will be responsible for the oversight and high-quality delivery of all client deliverables and coordinating the day-to-day running of PR accounts, ensuring work is delivered on time, on budget and to the Cognito standard.
This is the ideal role for someone looking to develop their skills quickly, take a hands-on approach with developing and winning new business, and work directly with senior stakeholders to shape market leading media relations programs.
- Develop and grow relationships with journalists, press and multiple media outlets (including finance & business press)
- Monitor, analyze and report on client/industry related news to inspire story ideas
- Proactive pitching on behalf of clients for comment, byline, op-ed and broadcast opportunities
- Writing of media materials including briefing docs, client quotes, and pitches
- Maintain up to date media lists, features and journal databases
- Administrative support for projects and retainers including preparation of agendas, meeting notes, tracker documents etc.
- Coordinate media interviews for clients
- Manage the day-to-day client relationships with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business or related field
- A minimum of one year relevant experience
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Understanding of the financial services industry desired
*Applicants for Senior Account Executive roles will also be considered for those with over two years' experience
Cognito offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We value and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and we follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.