Communications Strategy Group: Senior Associate, Financial Services
Communications Strategy Group (CSG®), a strategic communications and marketing agency based in Denver, Colorado, is seeking candidates to own and support the management of client relationships within the financial and professional services industry, as well as other B2B industries such as sustainability, renewable energy and aerospace. At CSG, we believe asking the right questions is the quickest path to uncover the right solutions. We’re not interested in work for the sake of work, but we are keenly interested in helping our clients solve their business challenges through better communications.
This position will be either senior associate role with an emphasis in public relations, content marketing and social media.
Roles and Responsibilities
Senior associates at CSG are detail-oriented strategists with top notch communication and collaboration skills. They manage client relationships in coordination with CSG’s creative Studio and digital strategy Innovation team. In this role, senior associates provide communications and marketing guidance and implementation to marketers in order to achieve tangible business results. This is an exceptional opportunity for professionals who are looking to expand their communications or marketing expertise and grow within a rapidly expanding agency.
To be successful, you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment and face each day with a willingness to jump feet first into whatever comes across your path. Whether you’re building and implementing social media campaigns, pitching media stories, managing or co-managing client relationships, coordinating creative work or immersing yourself in the latest and greatest communications strategies, you’ll be a critical part of our commitment to purposeful solutions that solve our clients’ business problems.
- Serve as the day-to-day support and either co-manage multiple client accounts, or serve as a trusted partner for multiple clients across different industries
- Understand and manage client objectives, expectations and timelines, with the ability to drive collaboration among the integrated internal team towards forward progress, action and results
- Implement and manage strategic social media and content marketing campaigns
- Identify, clarify and amplify big ideas in partnership with our creative team
- Understand the industries and clients we work with to identify business problems and transform them into opportunities
- Proactively set strategy and execute media relations activities at the local and national level ranging from building media lists to writing pitches to media outreach/engagement
- Understand clients’ budgets and possess the ability to manage staffing, scoping and schedule requirements in partnership with senior team members
- Understand every department’s role in delivering great work and building relationships, as well as how to maximize individual/department strengths to deliver the highest quality output for clients
- Manage the creative development process with the client, communicating timelines and deadlines clearly and consistently, as well as within the agency to ensure work is reviewed and approved by creative directors, strategy and account team prior to delivery
- Contribute to strategy discussions and brainstorms in service of client goals/objectives
- Devise strategic plans that meet clients’ business objectives and budget
- Manage the tracking and reporting on ROI for clients based on specific client goals/objectives (e.g., media placements or social engagement)
- 3+ years of agency experience managing client relationships with a focus on marketing, PR/media relations, social media, content development and digital marketing
- 2+ years of experience working in the financial services and/or professional services industries, and a drive to keep up with the latest strategic communications trends
- Ability to work confidently and independently in a fast-paced environment and an understanding of when and how to delegate, including delegating up as needed
- Accountability and a calm, confident presence with keen problem-solving skills and a positive attitude
- A proven track record of success finding creative solutions for a wide variety of client requests/business problems
- Strong organizational and teambuilding skills that produce accurate work that exceeds client expectations — on budget and on time
- Effective presentation and sales skills, particularly related to communications plans, concepts and digital plans is a plus
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Experience working with a project management system (Asana, WorkFront, etc.) is a bonus
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. CSG provides a generous benefits package that includes: unlimited vacation, 401(k) match, paid and subsidized insurance, including medical, dental, and vision, recognition and rewards programs, subsidized gym membership, business casual environment, central Cherry Creek office location, monthly team lunches, and more.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter here, detailing why you want to join CSG’s financial services team, what drives you and where you want to be professionally in the next two years. If using the quick apply form, you will need to add your cover letter afterwards in order to be considered for the position.
Communications Strategy Group (CSG®) is a strategic communications firm that solves organizational problems and activates opportunities for its clients. We blend the tenets of public relations and content marketing to deliver purpose-built solutions that connect and engage consumers at every step of the buyer’s journey. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, CSG is home to passionate strategists and creators from a wide variety of technical disciplines and industry backgrounds.
With a deep bench of thoughtful, passionate team members, we pride ourselves on being true partners to our clients and coworkers, and we’re dedicated to crafting an inclusive and collaborative working environment that makes people look forward to Mondays.
A certified Great Place to Work, we offer extensive benefits to our full-time employees, as well as competitive salaries and hourly rates. CSG provides a competitive benefits package that includes great vacation benefits, 401(k) match, paid and subsidized insurance, including medical, dental, and vision, recognition and rewards programs, subsidized gym membership, business casual environment with remote and flexible work arrangements available, central Cherry Creek office location, monthly team lunches, and more.
To learn more about CSG, its philosophy, culture and work, visit wearecsg.com.
At CSG, we are committed to creating a diverse environment maintaining an inclusive culture, prioritizing cross functional collaboration, and emphasizing team member engagement. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.