Dotdash: Sales Marketing Manager, Finance
Dotdash is seeking a Marketing Manager for its Finance vertical. The Marketing Manager will play a strategic role in developing proposals to sell through custom media programs that serve our roster of top tier clients in the finance space.
Our growing business spans not only our core endemic financial sites (Investopedia and the Balance) but offers the opportunity to develop bespoke programs that touch on multiple life stages and can live across our entire suite of properties spanning lifestyle, food and beverage, wellness, tech, travel and sustainability.
In close partnership with the Finance Sales team, you will manage the pre-sale process and play a strategic role in driving revenue growth with key and new financial advertising partners. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most creative, growing publishers in finance media.
About Your Contributions:
- Develop creative strategic proposals, meeting presentations and proactive pitch programs for multiple financial clients each week
- Collaborate with Sales, Client Services, Editorial, Research, Design, Product, & Production & teams to ensure proposals effectively communicate our unique value proposition
- Use brand storytelling to bring ideas to life through well-written and visually-appealing proposals that represent our brands flawlessly, continually refining pitches based on client feedback
- Become an expert on Dotdash Finance properties and our suite of ad products and capabilities, with potential to contribute to additional Dotdash brands
- Coordinate internal and external marketing projects, sales training, thought leadership events, and support our involvement with various media industry organizations.
- 5+ years digital ad sales marketing or relevant ad agency experience
- Excellent creative writing and storytelling skills with an ability to execute visually impactful presentations (fluent in Powerpoint, Keynote a plus)
- Organized, a strong attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- A curiosity to learn and a desire to become an expert on Dotdash’s offerings
- Experience in proposal development from ideation to execution
- Experience in comScore, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to support our growing business and to think creatively about how to best serve financial brands across our suite of sites
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.