Dotdash: Senior Contributors Editor
About Your Role:
The Balance, one of the largest online personal finance publishers, is looking for a strong financial editor with extensive experience recruiting and managing freelancers to join our editorial team. As Senior Contributors Editor, you will work closely with staff editors to evaluate and onboard the writers and editors we need to produce accessible, accurate, and engaging articles on a variety of personal finance topics.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on The Balance to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals—anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. You will help ensure we publish the most informative, accurate, and transparent information about how to succeed as an individual investor.
The ideal candidate will have experience scaling digital content production with speed and integrity, excellent collaboration skills, the ability to manage and adapt content budgets, a firm grasp of SEO best practices, and a strong background in editing copy to create consumer-friendly, actionable articles.
As a finance publisher that reaches 13 million people each month, we have the power and responsibility to create positive change. Please read our Anti-Racism Pledge as part of considering your interest in this role.
As part of our commitment, we are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with editorial directors and other editors to identify editing and writing needs across various site topics.
- Collaborate with SEO team and editors to develop content in targeted growth areas, supporting those efforts by building teams of writers and editors to execute the work.
- Recruit and manage freelance writers and editors, including evaluating writing and editing tests, setting rates, tracking invoices, and maintaining a budget.
- Make sure writers and editors adhere to The Balance’s voice and mission.
- 6+ years of work experience in digital publishing, ideally for audiences interested in managing their personal finances.
- Exceptional project management and communication skills that thrive while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, editing, and working with freelancers to create informative, engaging content at scale.
- High attention to detail in both editorial and management work.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.