Edelman: Senior Account Executive, Financial Communications & Capital Markets
Edelman’s Financial Communications & Capital Markets team is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of the world’s largest public relations firm. We are industry agnostic and advise public and private companies on strategic and capital markets communications to position them within the financial community during normal-course business and transformative events (M&A, IPOs & spin-offs, C-suite transitions, bankruptcy, shareholder activism, etc.).
Edelman’s San Francisco office is in search of a Senior Account Executive to work with our dynamic, experienced team, developing and executing financial communications programs for a deep roster of clients in all industries. You’ll have the opportunity to join a growing team to support both ongoing communications assignments as well as special situations, including M&A, IPOs & spin-offs, C-suite transitions, bankruptcy, shareholder activism and crisis.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for the supervision of account work performed by junior staff. S/he will demonstrate the ability to manage up, as well as manage across with peers and mentor account team members. S/he will learn Edelman’s various Communications Marketing processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises and be able to support integrated teams in the execution of these processes for clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates research abilities to support client programs and understands research techniques to assist with various Edelman consulting processes, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation (volume and tone) and identification and categorization of various stakeholders, including organizations and individuals to be engaged by clients
- Application of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
- Contributes to creation of Communications Marketing plans to meet client objectives
- Contributes to client correspondence (e.g., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Plays key role in developing key messages in keeping with clients’ objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external, channel-appropriate communications content
- Coordinates and helps plan media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, interviews and new media outreach
- Manages multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- At least two years of relevant experience in Financial Communications, Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, management consulting, or media
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to help develop financial communication programming and plans, implement integrated tactics and impart knowledge to junior account team members
- Able to perform well under pressure and be a team player
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with investor community and media members
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world's largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Among its many honors, the firm was awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR, named one of 2018 "Agencies to Watch" by Advertising Age and "Global Agency of the Year" by both the Homes Report and PRWeek, and cited five times by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work." Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.