Edelman: Vice President, Financial Communications
The role is open to be based from New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Washington D.C.
Edelman Financial Communications & Capital Markets (FinComms) is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of the world’s largest public relations firm. We advise public and private companies on strategic communications to help effectively position them within the capital markets during normal-course business and transformative events.
Edelman's Capital Markets practice serves private equity firms, hedge funds, investment banks, asset managers, trading technology and financial markets firms, venture capital funds and other financial industry companies.
The VP of Capital Markets’ primary responsibilities will be to lead accounts, teams and projects for capital markets clients. The candidate must possess a strong comfort level providing strategic counsel to senior executives of capital markets participants including private equity firms, hedge funds, investment managers, and financial markets firms. The candidate also must possess previous media relations experience, preferably with reporters from top-tier financial publications.
- Lead Capital Markets accounts and assignments, effectively drawing from relevant Edelman teams and resources to deliver best-in-class service
- Lead and/or contribute to pitches and new business efforts focused on FinComm opportunities or integrated assignments
- Lead FinComm marketing and prospecting efforts to identify new opportunities, including developing new thought leadership and IP
- Serve as relationship lead for C-suite client-side executives, as well as clients who manage communications and marketing functions
- Collaborate with Edelman colleagues across offices to identify ways to bring FinComm services to Edelman clients
- Ensure account teams are proactive and highly responsive to client needs, anticipating upcoming deliverables and taking accountability for proper execution
- Ensure junior staff is trained, supportive of team efforts and paying sufficient attention to detail
- Collaborate with Edelman FinComm colleagues in the US and globally to further develop and grow the global practice
- Build awareness of Edelman FinComm with potential referral sources
- 10+ years of experience in strategic and financial communications, preferably with some agency experience
- Deep understanding of how companies can more effectively communicate to their financial audiences
- Strong comfort level in counseling senior executives of clients operating in the capital markets space on communications matters
- Strong media relations experience, including existing top-tier relationships
- Experience with high intensity corporate assignments
- Experience and facility in new business development and marketing
- Track record of training talent and creating new offerings for clients
- Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Organized, proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills Innate desire to provide excellent service to clients
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.