FHLBanks: Manager, Corporate Communications
Reporting to the CHRO, the Manager, Corporate Communications supports the external Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) and internal Office of Finance (OF) communications, and coordinates with the FHLBanks and the Council of FHLBanks for combined communication needs.
The Manager, Corporate Communications supports OF efforts to expand funding opportunities and reduce the cost of funds for the FHLBanks through management of investor marketing programs and external communications, including press releases and managing media inquiries. The primary external audience for the OF’s communication is market participants, in particular the Authorized Dealers and investor communities. The Manager, Corporate Communications also manages internal OF communications by providing direction and support to OF executives, and each OF department, for enterprise-wide initiatives, as well as departmental projects, to meet organizational goals.
- The Manager, Corporate Communications is responsible for internal communications efforts at the OF for enterprise-wide initiatives, and specifically supports the communications and reporting needs of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), and Chief Capital Markets Officer (CCMO). The Manager, Corporate Communications will lead or support the internal communications needs of the organization including drafting and reviewing presentations, messages, program materials, and reports for various departments.
- The Manager, Corporate Communications supports the external communications efforts of the OF, and specifically supports the communications and messaging needs of the CEO, CHRO, and CCMO for non-investor related communications on behalf of the OF, including board materials, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) outreach, and recruiting. The Manager, Corporate Communications also manages the content of the OF website and its effectiveness as a communications tool targeted to external audiences.
- The Manager, Corporate Communications serves as the initial OF contact for the financial press and securities analysts and coordinates the OF response to any inquires or requests for comment. The Manager, Corporate Communications oversees the press release process, creates public statements on behalf of the OF, and coordinates communications strategies with FHLBank Communications Officers and the Council of FHLBanks to ensure that consistent messages reach targeted audiences. The Manager, Corporate Communications may interact with external parties regarding FHLBank and OF news events and must be able to comprehend and handle evolving issues.
- Develop internal and external communications (presentations, correspondence, reporting, messaging) with the CEO, CHRO, CCMO and other executives including communications to the OF Board.
- Advise CEO, CHRO, CCMO and other executives and employees on communication strategies and tactics for use with external and internal audiences.
- Provide communications planning, support, and resources for enterprise-wide initiatives such as D&I Program, employee engagement, Staff Incentive Plan, Information Governance, and Business Continuity.
- Support Corporate Secretary for OF Board and Committee needs.
- Act as primary OF liaison for financial press, securities analysts, and investor inquiries via phone or electroniccommunications.
- Manage the process for OF press releases, including development and coordination with the FHLBanks’ press releases and coordination and distribution of financial and other disclosures with the FHLBanks.
- Act as OF liaison with the FHLBank Communications Officers group, including its meetings, conference calls and ad hoc market situations. Coordinate messages and media relationships with FHLBanks and the Council of FHLBanks.
- Act as administrator and editor of the OF website.
- Prepare and distribute OF communications and reports to internal and external audiences, such as FHLBanks, OF employees, OF Board, regulators, investors, dealers, and media.
- Provide direction and support for the communications needs of the organization and various divisions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in communications and presentation skills to executives and staff.
- Support the OF’s D&I strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Maintain a high level of engagement with each OF department and cross-functional team to better understand the internal communications needs of the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Principal Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience, MBA is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of communications experience; financial services or similar industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute timely, high-quality communications strategies for both internal and external organizational needs.
- Experience applying communications strategies and techniques to business situations.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to deliver multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal direction or supervision, as well as part of a team.
- General understanding of fixed-income markets.
- General understanding of financial reporting.
- General understanding of investor relations.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Demonstrated high-level skills with productivity software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint), communications tools (e.g., Zoom, GoToMeeting, MS Teams) and survey tools.
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority and to provide vision and direction to cross-functional teams.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related conditions), national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.