Fundamental Media: Media Planner/Buyer
Fundamental Media is looking for media/planner buyers to join our growing team in Boston.
You will have a mimimum of 2 years planning/buying experience agency side, or other relevant advertising experience.
Focusing on the financial and education sectors, Fundamental Media is a global media agency with offices in Boston, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
We partner with global leaders within this niche industry and offer strategic planning to a number of blue chip clients.
Over the last 18 years, our vision was to become a leading specialist and we have achieved this through a combination of contemporary and innovative proprietary technologies; Fundamental Research, Fundamental Monitor, Fundamental Intelligence, Fundamental Exchange as well as expert local knowledge with a global reach and most importantly, our people.
We're looking for a dynamic, creative thinking candidates, who have a passion for all things media. The successful candidates will be responsible for researching, planning, developing, buying and optimizing media plans for our clients, working alongside a wider team.
The successful applicant will use both in-house and external research to identify the best mix of media channels to deliver an impactful advertising message to a clients’ target audience.
You will support the wider planning and buying team and also have direct responsibility for negotiating and buying media space.
- Implementation of integrated advertising campaigns (all media, online and offline).
- Analyze campaign data and implement timely optimizations.
- Analyzing and researching the target audience’s character, purchasing and media habits.
- Attending client meetings to understand their advertising strategy and target audience.
- Supporting the team to plan and buy relevant media and present media proposals, including timings and cost breakdown.
- Work with and maintain relationships with industry partners such as clients, publishers, media vendors and creative agencies.
- Obtaining the best advertising rates that fit with the agreed media strategy.
- Advising the creative teams and clients about the most effective combination of media.
- Prepare competitive data overview, analysis and presentation.
- Monitoring and updating clients on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Routine administrative and paper work.
Skills and personal qualities
- Ability to understand and interpret research data.
- An interest and passion in analyzing your campaigns and pushing for best outcome.
- Proficiency in all forms of traditional media, a deep expertise in digital media is a plus.
- Aware of media trends and a flair for business and commerce.
- Resourceful and creative, able to recognise good media opportunities and the ability to develop new ideas/concepts.
- Excellent negotiator and good interpersonal skills. Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Able to work alongside a range of people and as an integral part of a team.
- Good presenter with good written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Able to perform in a very fast-paced environment and concurrently manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Confident talking on the telephone and face-to-face.
Minimum 2 years of media planning and buying and/or relevant advertising industry experience is desired, candidates with a relevant degree and internships will also be considered.
What’s on offer
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Healthcare coverage, including life cover
- Paid holiday package, increasing with tenure
- The opportunity to fast track your career. We believe in recognition, reward and progression – partnered with the appropriate training and support.
- A dynamic place to work in a contemporary, team focussed and forward-thinking company
If this sounds like your next challenge, then please get in touch. Send your CV and cover letter (describing why you would be perfect for this role) to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.