ICMA-RC: Senior Financial Communications Specialist
The Senior Financial Communications Specialist will be responsible for writing and creating marketing and education materials to promote ICMA-RC’s investments, financial products, and thought leadership. The individual is expected to have a clear understanding of various investment strategies and be able to create, edit, and coordinate the delivery of regular and ad hoc investment communications of a sales-oriented, educational, and technical nature. In addition, the individual will work collaboratively to build partnerships across ICMA-RC’s multiple divisions and maintain solid work relationships.
- Create, plan, prioritize, and manage content and marketing materials that communicate ICMA-RC’s investment philosophy and methodology, and investment options, taking into account relevant distribution methods as well as the needs and learning styles of different audiences to include consultants/advisers, plan sponsors, participants, and associates.
- Write, edit, and manage education and communications content for digital and print media.
- This includes writing articles independently identifying, researching, interviewing for and writing content, including but not limited to, articles, talking points, Q&As, letters, and emails, aligned with corporate priorities; and working with article contributors to ensure accuracy, and consistency of corporate brand and voice.
- Coordinate investment marketing and fund-related communications projects from start to finish, working closely with key contacts within Marketing, Investments, Client Services, Sales, Compliance/Legal, and other divisions to create impactful educational, marketing, and sales support materials. Cultivate and develop a good working relationship and rapport with investment professionals, senior leaders, and other associates throughout the organization.
- Interview subject matter experts to obtain information and translate technical information into clear and effective communication.
- Consult with stakeholders and business support partners on the development of communications strategies and content, ensuring messages are brand consistent, relevant, and compliant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment communications or similar role.
- Experience communicating investment concepts to various audience types and levels of investment sophistication, and tailoring the message to the intended audience. This includes, but is not limited to, white papers and Web content.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards
- Experience with communicating information through media such as printed brochures, flyers, and Web pages, combining text, graphics, and data charts/tables/pies
- Strong, demonstrable oral and written communication, proofreading, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of the investment management and mutual fund industries
- General knowledge of statistics and investment data
- Strong project management skills
- Familiar with Morningstar Direct
The following Core Competencies are required for all positions: Customer Focus, Integrity & Trust and Drive for Results.
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Written Communications
Minimum education preferred:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Series 6, 63 preferred, not required