Investopedia and The Balance: Senior Director, Brand Partnerships, Finance
About Your Role:
Investopedia and The Balance is hiring a Director of Brand Partnerships with a strong background and focus on financial clients within the advertising sales space. In this national role, you would be responsible for using your category knowledge and expertise to forge new partnerships with top tier and secondary accounts that have no prior existing Dotdash business.
About Your Contributions:
- Represent the Investopedia and The Balance brands in the financial advertising marketplace with digital industry expertise, professionalism and a point of view.
- Work as a “door opener” to make cold calls and establish revenue relationships with top tier and secondary accounts where no prior business is established.
- Continually educate yourself on your clients business challenges, and work to bring the clients advertising solutions which help to solve their business challenges
- Develop and grow strong relationships with client and some agency partners across multiple levels of both organizations, as well as maintain org charts of all clients
- Maintain the highest level of business acumen, knowing your client's goals and objectives inside and out ‘before the RFP’.
- Advocate for the clients needs with Team Finance’s internal teams to ensure the work delivered to our clients has as much insight into client goals and objectives as possible. This includes crafting proactive "big ideas" for target clients, utilizing market data, client goals, and industry knowledge. Accurately forecast, track, and report sales performance with our internal tools each week.
- Contribute to the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions and concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- A minimum of 10 years of digital media sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in breaking accounts without no prior history of spending
- Experience with financial services clients strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in selling a variety of types of solutions to clients. For example, custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, and a curiosity and willingness to learn new things and share them with clients
- Working collaboratively with sales support staff internally is in your DNA
- You listen more than talk in client meetings
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies and clients and can get up and running quickly
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing and able to travel as needed once the pandemic is over.
- College degree required
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here.