Investopedia: Editor, Personal Finance
About Your Role:
As a personal finance editor, you will be responsible for assigning new best-in-class evergreen and news-related content, and you will be assigning updates to our existing content corpus on an array of topics related to financial products and services. Those topics include, but are not limited to, banking, credit cards, loans, debt management, insurance, and real estate. You will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful content to help educate our readers and enable them to make better financial decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of financial products and services and a passion for good storytelling and accuracy. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and tasks while working independently.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with the Associate Editorial Director to deliver the highest quality personal finance news and evergreen content related to financial products and services.
- Oversee creation, improvement, and updating of thousands of relevant pieces of content, as identified by internal processes and competitive gap analysis.
- Manage a team of freelance writers and editors in tackling editorial projects, sourcing, and onboarding new contributors as needed to meet content creation/updating goals along with news content deadlines.
- Manage content budget and invoicing processes.
- Manage projects, writer/editor assignments, and story publications through internal platforms, including Asana and our internal CMS
- Stay on top of industry trends and announcements with financial products and services.
- 5+ years of experience writing, editing, and publishing personal finance content.
- Strong editorial skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
- Positive attitude
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.