Investopedia: Editorial Director, Investing/Trading
Investopedia is looking for an experienced editorial leader to captain our team of trading and investing editors and writers. We seek an accomplished senior editor with a deep background in investing, trading, and market analysis, who will excel in managing the creation of best-in-class news and improving existing educational content. The ideal candidate is hyper-organized and process-oriented with a passion for helping people understand the financial markets and how those movements impact their investments.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for overseeing all of our trading and investing content, which includes news production, and the ongoing maintenance and improvement of our existing library of terms, articles, and educational material. The content you oversee must serve our mission of simplifying complex financial information and decisions to give our readers confidence to manage every aspect of their financial life.
- Manage, expand, and improve the trading and investing news program
- Direct the maintenance and improvement of thousands of educational documents covering all aspects of trading and investing
- Oversee and recruit a talented team of expert and experienced editors and writers
- Serve as a trusted, senior subject matter expert in options, futures, commodities, fundamental analysis, technical analysis, forex, and more.
- Collaborate with the larger Investopedia editorial team and SEO to create the most useful and inclusive content that answers the most important and relevant questions readers have about trading and investing.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the specific areas of expertise—and demonstrated experience editing for well-recognized outlets on these topics.
- 8+ years of experience with analysis of financial markets, brokers, financial advisors, and fintech
- Experience managing a team of finance editors and writers to produce and maintain best-in-class news and educational content at scale.
- Strong editorial skills and a nose for news with a well-honed ability to explain the context and consequences of what happens in the markets.
- Excellent project management skills, multitasking, and verbal/written communication skills with close attention to detail.
- Strong desire to help make all people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.