Investopedia & The Balance: Senior Investing and Trading Platforms Editor
Dotdash is seeking a full-time Investing and Trading Platforms Editor for their finance brands, Investopedia and The Balance! In this role, you will assign and edit product reviews, comparisons, and “best of” lists of financial products, specifically in the areas of brokerage platforms, roboadvisors, crypto exchanges and other similar investing and trading platforms. You will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful investing, trading and crypto platform reviews and recommendations to educate and empower readers so they can take the next step, whatever it is.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of investing and trading platforms and how to evaluate them. You’ll also have demonstrated experience creating reviews of financial products and services, with experience reviewing investing and trading platforms preferred.
About Your Contributions
- Work with the Editorial Director and senior editors to develop rating methodologies and editorial guidelines designed to deliver the highest quality and most actionable advice in the category.
- Source and on-board high-quality new freelance writers as needed, sending out paperwork and approving monthly invoices.
- Assign, edit, and publish new reviews and top lists of financial institutions and products.
- Function as subject-matter expert for investing, fintech, and cryptocurrencies.
- 5+ years of experience publishing financial product reviews and recommendations.
- 3+ years of experience covering brokerage, robo-advisor and crypto platforms publishing broker and/or crypto reviews and recommendations.
- Experience developing and executing methodologies for evaluating financial products.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of how to develop content that serves a targeted reader need.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.