Living Group: Account Manager
At Living we make a difference. A difference for our clients, our people and the communities we work in. We employ smart thinking and industry insight to create positive outcomes for our clients in the financial, professional services and technology sectors.
With offices in New York, London and Hong Kong our specialists’ deep understanding of our clients’ sectors means we challenge thinking, inspire ambition, and deliver meaningful change across their organizations through effective and integrated brand, digital and marketing communications.
About this position
With a minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant experience, this full-time role requires an experience of managing a number of accounts within a full service marketing agency. As an exceptional team player you will have based your career on building and maintaining strong relationships with recognized clients and will have the passion, enthusiasm and determination to take the team to the next level. You must also have experience of managing digital projects.
Initially, the successful candidate will be expected to work from home, but in time as things change you will be required to work from our New York office at least 2-3 days a week.
The position reports to:
- Senior Account Manager, New York.
Overall, the position holder will:
- Have relevant industry, and preferably sector, experience, with great communication and organizational skills, and be able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
Specific duties include:
- The day-to-day management of a group of Living’s client accounts, ensuring our clients are receiving the highest individual attention and ensuring that we deliver, as a team, projects on time, on budget and on brief
- Overseeing the development of each account and increasing the volume of work when appropriate
- Spotting and developing opportunities with our clients, turning projects into accounts
- Project management of each account: estimating, scheduling, budget management and invoicing
- Ensuring that each project is delivered profitably and so helping to grow and build our business
- Checking of Living’s creative and production work, ensuring visuals and drafts are presented ‘right first time’
- Briefing taking and writing, and once approved, briefing Living’s teams
- Managing the production elements of large projects and campaigns, delivering a joined-up approach, and liaising with multiple teams and suppliers
- The presentation of design work alongside the Executive Creative Director or senior management team.
- Strong attention to detail, able to proofread and be responsible for accuracy on proofs (catch things before they get to the client)
- Understand spend on projects so as to feedback accurate position for sales reporting.
- Have exceptional communication skills – both internally and client facing
- Have clear reporting skills and issue escalation
- Have the ability to work at high speed and intensity whilst maintaining attention to detail.
Overall, the Account Manager is expected to:
- Have an excellent understanding of commercial processes, delivering profitable projects every time
- Be articulate and a good listener
- Be a strong team player, knowing when to seek advice or help from other team members
- Have a personal drive to deliver value to client and performance to the Group
- Finally, understand all aspects of Living’s offering including brand, digital and marketing.
Review periods and feedback mechanisms:
- Performance appraisals conducted by the Senior Account Manager – twice a year.