Living Group & Financial Communications Society: Administrative & Account Coordinator
This position is a unique opportunity to provide administrative and client support for a growing global agency, Living Group, while providing administrative and event management for national not-for-profit, Financial Communications Society (FCS).
Living Group is a full-service creative agency that delivers highly differentiated integrated brand, digital, advertising and marketing communications for clients in financial services, professional services and technology.
Living New York shares an office with the FCS, managed by the same executive, and together the organizations share a common focus on serving financial marketers.
The primary responsibility will be to assist the Client Strategy Director / CEO across all office management duties, account coordinator duties, and New York event management duties, to provide an exceptional level of administrative skills. Working in a small but growing team, connected to Living Group’s larger global team (London and Hong Kong), as well as the volunteer leadership of the FCS’ regional chapters, this role will require excellent time management skills and the ability to handle competing priorities effectively. Due to the nature of the role, strong attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion is vital.
Kevin Windorf, Client Strategy Director, Living New York; CEO, FCS.
- Attending to the day-to-day operation of the Living NY Studio, ensuring smooth running within the WeWork operation
- Answering and dealing efficiently with incoming calls (and escalating any potential sales calls)
- Welcoming visitors and clients and ensuring meeting rooms are booked and attended to
- Working alongside Living’s NY Client Strategy Director by assisting with administrative project management tasks throughout the project life cycle from initial capture of project and client details to entering estimates and invoices on Living’s Management Information System, Synergist.
- Ensuring that Synergist is up-to-date, and accurate costs have been captured
- Using the FCS website to track and manage event registrations
- Processing incoming FCS credit card payments via Authorize.net, a web-based merchant system
- Liaising with print, repro, photographic suppliers for accurate, detailed specifications, costings and timings
- Ensuring that invoicing is up-to-date across the team, updating the sales sheet regularly and weekly reporting to the Living Finance Team
- Completing general administrative duties in the office
- Coordinating office moves and maintenance/cleanings
- Providing assistance to the Finance team with administrative duties, such as data entry for invoices, purchase orders and credit card reconciliation
- Helping to manage all FCS NY events, including pre-event registration, creating name badges, running on-site registration, liaising with venues re contracts, set-up, and troubleshooting event production issues that may arise
- Tracking event revenue and expenses and reporting same to third-party bookkeeper; creating and tracking invoices using Quickbooks; preparing check payments
- Maintaining various spreadsheets of FCS data, e.g., new and expiring membership, event guests, speakers bureau, email distribution
- General office management duties: such as ensuring stationery and other supplies are available
- Attend all FCS events in New York and lead or participate in the execution of each event
- Develop working knowledge of FCS website, primarily as a source for event registration information and membership data
- Accurate and up-to-date maintenance of Synergist (Living’s Management Information System), such as client contact details, entry of jobs, time sheets and hours on jobs, estimates and invoices.
- Facilities management – overseeing building issues & liaising with the WeWork Building management when such matters arise
- Reviewing suppliers on an on-going basis and ensuring that costs are competitive
- Coordinating company events including client entertainment and in-house entertainment (e.g., Summer and Holiday parties).
- General HR admin – including holiday requests, monitoring sickness leave, updating staff records, timesheets
- Assistance with recruitment process and booking freelancers when necessary
- Ensuring all client meetings are serviced and meeting and greeting on arrival
- Assisting with tender documents, presentations and delivery of such documents to clients
- Providing backup administrative support for members of the Living Group Senior Management Team when in New York
- Act as a central point of contact for Living CEO and Executive Creative Director (co-Founders) when in the New York office
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have previous experience of a similar administrative role in an agency or creative environment
- Have previous experience managing professional events
- Be detail conscious and have the ability to multi-task
- Have passion, sense of humour and a friendly can-do attitude at all times
- Adhere at all times to Living Group’s policies and working procedures as specified in the Life at Living handbook
- Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to multi task
- Excellent ‘people’ and communication skills, including a clear, friendly and polite phone manner, with a good command of the English language
- Highly proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A good working knowledge of Apple Macs
- Able to use initiative to solve problems with lots of ‘common sense’
- Able to cope with unexpected situations in a calm and poised manner
- Flexible attitude with a willingness to get involved with whatever may come up
For more information or to apply, please send an email to Kevin Windorf (firstname.lastname@example.org).