Marsh: Vice President, Global Marketing - Marsh Advisory
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
What can you expect?
- Marsh Advisory helps clients manage risk holistically through its capabilities of Risk Consulting, Analytics, Claims and Captive Solutions.
- Claims Solutions helps organizations around the world minimize the cost, impact, and frequency of their claims. Whether a business needs assistance when it comes to handling large complex claims or improving their claims program strategy and performance, Marsh offers claims management solutions tailored to their unique needs.
- Tapping into Marsh’s deep claims, exposure, and placement data across industry, size, geography, and product, Marsh’s Analytics Solutions are an under pinning to Marsh’s Consulting and Claims Solutions advisory practices.
- The Global Marketing Leader will serve as a senior advisor to the business teams for Claims Solutions.
- In this position you will be responsible for the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for the specific line of business within Marsh Advisory, ensuring fit and synergy with the overall positioning for Marsh Advisory.
- In this highly cross-functional role, you will play a key role in the organization’s evolution from a focus on expertise in products and services to a consultative solutions selling approach, driving growth through marketing.
- You will lead strategic initiatives and key global themes that are important for Advisory Solutions overall and the specific business within Advisory, and develop integrated marketing strategies and campaigns across the portfolio.
- You will report to the Marsh Advisory Global Marketing Leader.
What is in it for you?
- To be part of the $14 billion Marsh McLennan family of companies
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, [email protected], Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteer program
We will count on you to:
- Market research - Acquire in-depth knowledge of our target markets, segments, buyer personas, competitors, and partners. Educate the company on market requirements, trends, and competitor capabilities.
- Positioning and messaging - Craft differentiated positioning and own the messaging for Claims Solutions specifically, and integrate with the positioning for Marsh Advisory.
- Internal Adoption & Sales enablement – Driving awareness and adoption of the Marsh Advisory Solutions amongst our colleagues is critical to our success with clients. In this role you will create and help deliver sales resources, tools, and training to the Marsh Advisory team and the broader Marsh distribution community. This includes playbooks, battlecards, scripts, presentations, training modules, demos, and more.
- Go-to-market strategy and solution launches - Define and own the go-to-market strategy and tactics for all its new and existing offerings. Develop integrated marketing plans in collaboration with the Marsh Advisory marketing team, business line leaders, regional marketing leaders, marketing center of excellence leaders, and regional sales leaders. Drive the marketing strategy and execution for new offerings.
- Demand generation – develop and execute multi-channel campaigns to drive pipeline. This includes working with external vendors and internal resources to build relevant thought leadership (guides, e-books, webinars, etc.) and delivering it in channels where target audiences consume their information (email, social, etc.).
What you need to have:
- 7+ years of product and/or solution marketing experience.
- Past experience in related industries like professional services marketing, SAAS or technology products marketing, claims management software providers
- Excels at working across cross functional and global teams, reconciling disparate viewpoints, and leading through influence to achieve goals.
- Is a skilled storyteller able to develop a memorable narrative for any solution and various personas.
- Knows how to create demand generation strategies that drive pipeline for new and existing offerings.
- Knows how to use marketing automation platforms.
- Can interpret data and market research to make decisions.
- Handles complexity well and is adaptable to change.
- Works well with senior leadership and has strong writing, communication, presentation development, and delivery skills.
- Has a positive mindset.
- Acts like an owner and is personally accountable.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
MMC & Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.