New York Life: Marketing Copywriter, Senior Associate
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life is looking for a marketing copywriter to transform complex insurance, investment, and other financial concepts into engaging, branded, consumer content. Must be confident in all aspects of writing from concepting to presenting finished work. Projects include, but are not limited to, short-form copy for advertising and social media; long-form copy for web pages, brochures, presentations; as well as pitching ideas to internal clients and marketing leaders. This role will work with external vendors and production teams including being a lead for brand voice, giving direction, sending and managing assets, and reviewing their work for adherence to brand guidelines. The role requires the ability to work on multiple projects at once and balance priorities while consistently delivering fresh, engaging copy.
Work as a senior-level writer on a small, collaborative team as part of our in-house Creative Services department. The writer will create original content for print collateral (presentations, brochures, fact sheets), digital and print advertising, social media, websites, video, and various other digital and print channels. The leader will be a champion for brand voice and help craft its ongoing evolution. As a senior writer s/he will be a leader in the creative services department, and her/his work will be expected to have a direct impact on our sales and brand recognition by providing timely, relevant marketing tools to our sales force, as well as helping to promote the company direct to consumers through various corporate marketing channels (website, social platforms, etc.). S/he must be a conceptual thinker capable of taking basic information from a brief and crafting multiple ideas and messages. S/he will be expected to impart current marketing and copywriting best practices so that our business partners understand how to best connect with consumers on different channels. Must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously. Will work collaboratively in a team environment and interact closely with project managers, designers, other writers, external vendors, and internal clients to meet multiple daily deadlines. Must be comfortable leading meetings as needed. Responsible for maintaining quality and consistency by strictly adhering to established brand guidelines.
- Candidate must have an online portfolio demonstrating mastery of writing for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Solid concepting and communication skills needed, along with the ability to present a strong rationale for copywriting decisions.
- Insurance, financial services, professional services, or experience in any other highly regulated industry is helpful.
- Must be amenable to a highly collaborative work process with frequent interaction with your supervisor, team members, and internal clients.
- 7+ years of experience working as a copywriter or marketing writer at an agency/freelance/in-house with experience writing for insurance and/or financial services companies.
- Must demonstrate experience creating content that can be easily customized to different distribution channels.
- Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and various project management tools is extremely helpful.
- Must be open to learning new skills including new software, products, and ways of working.
- Proficient on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Up to date with current marketing and advertising trends.
Job Requisition ID: 82845