OCC: Vice President, Corporate Communications
Responsible for the development, execution and management of all internal communications strategies and implementation of day-to-day activities that drive greater colleague awareness and understanding of OCC’s business strategy and related issues. Interact with senior leadership and business leaders to establish and execute strategic communications objectives designed to enhance internal communications and drive greater engagement across the company, utilizing organizational knowledge and communications best practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Communications and the Vice President, Public Relations to develop, execute and manage proactive internal communications strategies
- Responsible for gathering data, developing and executing plans, and measuring results for assigned projects that are part of an overall corporate internal communications strategy
- Work with Office of the CEO and other executive leadership on strategy and content development for Officer and Director meetings, Town Halls and other company-wide internal meetings. Provide counsel, obtain approvals, set and meet timelines, and demonstrate sound judgment in all interactions.
- Act as project manager for company-wide communication projects. Identify resources needed, budget appropriately, work with internal clients and third-party vendors, and execute at a high professional level to drive results and achieve goals while also meeting stated deadlines
- Write, edit and produce assorted printed and online material as required. Demonstrate a high level of writing and editing skills across traditional and digital communication platforms
- Manage monthly Corporate Communications budget, including regular review of third-party expenses. Oversee third-party contracts as needed
- Provide effective leadership and guidance for a team of mid-level and entry-level communications professionals. Manage all work delivered by the corporate communications team.
- Supervise corporate communications projects tasked to third-party vendors
- Drive certain corporate communication activities as assigned, such as writing employee newsletter, writing content for Compass, and staffing trade show events
- Some travel may be required – less than 10 percent
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Will supervise one to two team members
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Excellent management, decision-making, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Strong experience influencing and working with senior management, and leading a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Basic desktop publishing and design skills
- General understanding of print production, and ability to create online publications
- Securities industry knowledge preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or English, OR in a related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and private/public sector experience.
- 10-15 years’ experience in a communications or public relations role in the public or private sector, or with an agency.