Parnassus Investments: Marketing Associate
Parnassus Investments is the largest pure-play responsible investment mutual fund company in the United States. We seek to build wealth responsibly for long-term investors by investing in businesses with increasingly relevant products or services, sustainable competitive advantages, quality management teams and ethical business practices. We incorporate rigorous environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into our investment process.
Our firm was named by Morningstar as a top fund company to partner with in the decade ahead and our business growth reflects it. Our team members are typically long tenured, sharing in a professional, vibrant culture emphasizing principles, teamwork and continuous learning. Our tight knit collaborative firm has consistently won awards for our great workplace.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for an individual to work across Marketing and Sales functions to support and grow our business. The successful candidate will be a team player, have strong communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable working in a group as well as independently. Production of marketing collateral and sales support are primary functions of this role, and the successful candidate will achieve broad exposure across marketing projects and other business activities. We are seeking someone who is interested in growth, development, and learning—key pillars of our culture.
- Manage quarterly production processes for investment updates, such as commentaries, fund fact sheets and sales presentation books. Recommend changes to more efficiently publish these quarterly materials and to effectively communicate our funds’ objectives, goals and differentiation.
- Design and implement social media communications; including keeping up to date on latest social tactics and innovations.
- Responsible for performing market and competitor research around socially responsible investing, analyzing and synthesizing results for positioning, messaging and marketing tactics.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Research, Accounting and Compliance.
- Support in implementation and updating of marketing projects, such as marketing collateral, videos and conference/industry events.
- Build, manage and maintain library of high-quality imagery for sales and marketing materials.
- Maintain and update records in CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Assist members of the Sales & Marketing Team by providing various functions that facilitate our distribution efforts, such as event planning, in-house design projects, client mailings and preparing and packaging presentations for client meetings.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, managing and maintaining supply room inventory, processing invoices and public speaking forms, maintaining proper tracking and organization for the team.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and work within short time frames
- Friendly, flexible and easy to work with
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills; high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Desire to learn more about marketing principles and investment products
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and Power Point skills; experience with CRM systems is a plus
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools)
- College degree required. Preferably with a major in marketing, economics, or communications.
Being Part of the Parnassus Team Includes:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills
- An annual bonus potential based on company and individual performance
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your family with no waiting period
- 2:1 charitable contribution matching to non-profit organizations
- The opportunity to collaborate with intellectually robust coworkers
- We are currently working remotely, but we expect to be back in our office with a hybrid schedule on October 15th in San Francisco's Financial District near BART, Muni, ferries and cable cars. We also provide a generous commuter subsidy.
If this sounds like it was written for you, please send your resume to [email protected] and reference how you found out about this opening (FCS Jobs Bank!).
We will only consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States; we do not sponsor work-related visas.
Parnassus Investments is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and will consider all applicants in accordance with this Ordinance.
Please see the Careers page of our website to view the privacy notice to job applicants to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).