Pensions & Investments: Investor Relations Manager
You're innovative and creative in your approach to developing relationships with senior executives. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Not afraid to seek new business opportunities, your favorite place is talking to decision makers. You are an entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent communication skills who has the ability to work well both autonomously and with a team. You have experience in the financial services market and have a track record of meeting and exceeding goals and the ability to “close business” with senior level, busy executives.
- Develop key contacts and recruit new, high level contacts to add to the potential speaker, advisory board and attendee pipeline.
- Recruit specific sponsor requested contacts/firms, monitor performance and report on outcomes.
- Work with conference programmers, investor relations team and clients to develop key target lists for each conference.
- Update Salesforce to track contact touchpoints and recruitment progress.
- Meet registration and attendance goals for each event.
- Assist in building out VIP contact database with specific attributes and relevant intelligence.
- Research competitive industry conferences for potential speakers, ambassadors and attendees.
- Assist with advisory board development and recruitment.
- Attend P&I Conferences making connections with asset owners speaking and attending the meeting. Additionally, set appointments with other asset owners not in attendance and in close proximity.
- Follow up with conference attendees to get feedback on the conference experience and communicate back to the P&I Team.
- Gather intelligence from the asset owner community and communicate to P&I Team to facilitate new product and topic ideas.
- Other duties as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in a business or sales development role within a business-to-business environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining solid client relationships.
- Background building rapport in a face to face setting with high level financial professionals.
- Background establishing/maintaining engagement and conversation on high level business strategies and trends in an extremely professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Willingness to provide outstanding customer service. A flexible, "can do" attitude.
- Effective and confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Background of providing outstanding customer service, nurturing professional relationships and follow up a must.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Salesforce required.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-25%.
- Prior experience in a similar role with a competitor.
- Previous experience with financial services industry and be well versed in financial strategies.
- Previous Experience working in the Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Financial conference background.
- Financial designation such as a CFA or CAIA certification.
- Existing relationships with asset owners.
Pensions & Investments delivers critical financial news, data, and analysis to executives responsible for the investment of large institutional assets such as pension funds, endowments and foundations. It reaches top global executives at corporations, governments, pension and retirement fund executives, investment advisers, consultants, and financial institutions. It is the world’s leading source of news and information for institutional investing.