Private Advisor Group: Assistant Director of Marketing
Private Advisor Group (PAG) is a growing company looking for a talented, high-performing marketer to join our team. As the Assistant Director of Marketing, you will support our mission of helping advisors grow their business through client focus while leveraging an advanced loyalty-based marketing approach. You will focus on delivering innovative, industry-recognized communications during the entire advisor experience, from acquisition to advisor loyalty. You will also serve as a representative of PAG with our external partners, as a point of contact internally and serve as an advocate for our advisors, teammates and leadership team within the financial services community. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and is located in the Morristown, New Jersey home office.
Key responsibilities in this role:
- Creates and flawlessly executes best-in-class marketing plans by translating business goals into defined marketing objectives, strategies and tactics.
- Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform marketing plan decisions. Partners with others both internally and externally to deliver marketing initiatives aligned to corporate initiatives.
- Leads in problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, and marketing strategy. Understands and communicates the risks and impacts of proposed marketing strategies and the impact to our advisors, team and company. Anticipates problems and takes action to keep projects on track.
- Works directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to identify opportunities in the marketplace. Seeks and shares information on industry trends and the competition.
- Provides oversight of marketing budget and ROI of spend. Works with the CMO to develop marketing budgets, reports and key metrics.
- Leverages data and analytics to identify and predict opportunities. Is versed in metrics to assess loyalty.
- Creates and/or leads marketing campaigns, press releases and digital communications, including presentations, lead generation, press, and collateral.
- Is an expert at managing multiple high-priority projects. Meets or exceeds all deadlines and expectations.
- Flawlessly executes all communications with the highest of quality, ethics and integrity.
- Partners with the recruiting relationship manager to identify communication and lead generation opportunities.
- Is a steward of the brand and ensures all communications are consistent.
- Uses research to identify trends that help advisors grow their business and provide best-in-class service for their clients.
- Leads and flawlessly executes webinars and events.
To be successful in this role, candidates should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. M.B.A. preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years related business experience.
- Demonstrated strategic marketing and communication experience.
- Change management, organization transformational or new initiative launch skills.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects at once with ease.
- Meets or exceeds all agreed upon deadlines.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office), Excel, Constant Contact, CISION, and PowerPoint.
We are a high-performing culture. Team members at PAG possess:
- The highest engagement while supporting the PAG mission.
- The highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- A willingness to roll up their sleeves and work in a team-based environment.
- An appreciation for all aspects of diversity, including ideas, perspectives, gender and ethnicity.
- The goal to be the best at their role while being a great team member.
- An approach that supports the current processes while seeking to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Trustworthiness and a spirit of doing the right thing.
- The ability to be candid, identify risks and communicate effectively.
- An internal drive that seeks to achieve high-performance in all they do.
- Connection to industry groups and others within the industry.
- Characteristics or traits include reliability and resiliency. They are prepared and ready to take on new challenges each day.
- Flexibility, are agile and willing to participate or assist with various tasks.
- Drive and determination to learn, grow and advance in their career.
- A personal mission to serve the communities in which we live and work.
About Private Advisor Group
At Private Advisor Group we believe independent advisors should have the choice to design their firms with a business model and structure that achieves their personal vision.
Today, PAG provides services to over 650 independent advisors with $19 billion in AUM that helps them accomplish their goals while remaining compliant in all aspects of financial planning and wealth management. Advisors who join PAG have a shared belief in a culture of compliance, a client-first approach and a spirit of giving back to the communities in which they live and work.
In 2019, we were honored to be ranked #3 on Barron’s 2019 Top 50 RIA Firms and the FT 300.
Private Advisor Group is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY, email your résumé and cover letter to PAG's CMO Berta Aldrich.