Prudential: Vice President, Communications, International Business
Prudential is seeking an executive to lead communications strategy and execution for Prudential’s international businesses. The Vice President of Communications, International Businesses, is a newly elevated role that will lead communications initiatives to clearly define and articulate the strategy and value of Prudential’s international businesses for internal and external stakeholders, at both a global level and in local markets across Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America.
Role and Responsibilities
- Shape and bring to life communications efforts that provide Prudential’s international businesses with a competitive advantage.
- Serve as the lead communications advisor to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, International Businesses, and his leadership team, and as the communications subject matter expert for initiatives supporting Prudential’s international growth ambitions.
- Identify and leverage macro trends to inform and position business narratives, and create multi-layered communications plans to amplify these narratives across the right mix internal, traditional, social, digital and earned media channels.
- Engage the resources and centers of expertise within the Global Communications organization – including platform development, analytics, research, and media impact -- to quantify and deepen communications impact, improve decision support and drive outcomes.
- Partner with Prudential’s Chief Brand Officer, and the CMO and Chief Strategy Officer of Prudential International, to devise and build integrated marketing communications campaigns that elevate the Prudential brand around the world.
- Consult on internal communications strategy to drive employee engagement and optimize executive positioning across Prudential’s international businesses.
- Advocate for the use of the various levers of communication as a key part of business strategy.
- Serve as a catalytic member of the core leadership team for Prudential International Insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of academic rigor, advanced degree in a relevant field of study is preferred, but not required with proven experience and track record of achievement.
- 15+ years of professional business experience, with at least 10 years of experience in communications, preferably within a global or multinational corporation, business consultancy, communications or marketing agency.
- Demonstrable experience leading the successful conception, development and execution of global communications strategies, and/or communications initiatives spanning multiple geographical regions or markets.
- Experience working and living outside the U.S. would represent a definite advantage.
- Entrepreneurial and biased to action
- Influential leader with strong executive presence
- Proven ability to partner and deliver strategic business value in a complex organizational environment
- Provide incisive, strategic counsel to C-suite decisionmakers, marketing and communications leaders, within the corporate center and at the local market level.
- Partner with communications colleagues in multiple international markets to accelerate the application of communications strategy in support of business goals and growth, while elevating and protecting Prudential’s global brand.
- Cultivate and strengthen culture and talent across the global communications team and in key international markets.
- Develop and apply insights from analytical tools and programs to shape communications narratives.
- Strategic forward-focused thinker with proven ability to address complex global or international communications challenges, demonstrate communications value and keep ahead of industry trends.
- Knowledge of content, creative and channel strategy across the optimal mix traditional, social and emerging platforms.
- History of driving business growth and protecting corporate reputation through the strategic development and application of communications techniques, data and digital solutions.
- Ability to package and present insight and messaging in an actionable way.
- Global worldview, broad knowledge of human capital, social, political and economic forces, and insatiable intellectual curiosity.
- Problem solver.
- Enthusiastic collaborator.
- Analytical and lateral thinker.
- Comfortable with asking provocative questions and taking risk.
- Sense of humor is everything.