The Balance: SMB Associate Editorial Director
About Your Role
As Associate Editorial Director, you will lead The Balance’s efforts to create the best small business content on the web. You will ensure that we have the most thorough, well researched, reliable and insightful content to make our readers smarter and confident to take the next step - whatever it is. You’ll be responsible for driving the improvement of all 7,000+ pieces of small business evergreen content so that each one is best in class.
The ideal candidate is process driven, has a track record of being able to deliver high quality content at scale, and is passionate about helping owners grow their small businesses. You’ll have deep experience creating content that addresses readers searching for the information they need to educate themselves and make decisions. Think in-depth explanations of complex topics as well as product reviews and ratings.
About Your Contributions
- Oversee a team of editors in driving content quality improvement initiatives across thousands of articles.
- Direct your team of editors in shaping and defining editorial strategies, guidelines, and voice.
- Recruit expert writers and incorporate them into processes that allow us to make our articles best-in-class across a variety of topic areas requiring various levels of subject matter expertise.
- Proactively identify and develop processes and solutions that can impact large volumes of articles.
- Collaborate with our SEO team to develop winning content strategies for the myriad of topic areas we cover.
- 6+ years of work experience in digital publishing, with a preference for candidates with experience in finance or small business educational content.
- Experience managing a team of editors in tackling digital-first content challenges.
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong editorial skills with particular focus on how to assess competitors’ content and use that knowledge to develop superior content.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance writers to create great content at scale.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.