Wall Street Journal: Associate Client Partner - Tech, Media and Telco
Open to *Junior* Media Sellers in SF or LA!
The Associate Client Partner is a developmental level sales position focused on the Tech, Media & Telco category that will focus on the prospecting of new and lapsed clients. Through industry and sector research, this role will work to create sales pitches for potential new advertising partners to grow accounts. The Associate Client Partner will help grow these new accounts into larger, more frequent advertisers. Once developed into a larger, more strategic accounts to be managed by Client Partners.
This role will report to the sector Client Director.
- Compile research on new business opportunities including lapsed accounts and inbound business
- Identify and develop new advertisers
- Build relationships and develop a significant account list of advertisers and agencies through cold calls, trade networking events, and leads generated by associates, trade marketing and the media kit.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls
- Maintain a spreadsheet of active accounts and revenue forecasts.
- Develop industry expertise and provide the larger team with updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis and advertising opportunities.
- Achieve revenue targets for your territory
Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a media or sales role
- Strong prospecting, presentation, and selling skills.
- A consultative approach and the ability to comfortably liaise both internally and externally
- Previous experience supporting sales representatives with a large book of business or personally maintaining accounts.
- A demonstrated ability to grow new and more transactional accounts
- Proven ability to assist in the development of complex print and digital campaigns
- Demonstrated success exceeding sales quotas and goals.
- Prior Media Sales experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.