Wall Street Journal | Barron's Group: Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Integrated Marketing team leads the process of developing RFP responses from end to end, ensuring that they're not only delivered on time and on budget for our clients but that they also promote our clients' businesses and lead to long-term partnerships with The Wall Street Journal and Barron's Group.
The Integrated Marketing team brings together the right people and resources to provide the best possible ideas and strategies to our customers -- understanding client goals, assembling teams of specialists, and leading the process to success. We oversee the RFP response from end to end, starting with 'what is the problem we're solving?' to 'how are we going to report success?', and we work with the right people to get to those answers.
Success within the Integrated Marketing team requires a passion for media, an editorial mindset, and a high standard for visual presentations, all brought to life through a working understanding of the media and advertising landscape and an ability to translate data and insights into compelling and engaging advertising and branded content programs. You will report to the Director, Integrated Marketing.
- Create powerful proposals with storytelling that responds to client needs and telegraphs the value of Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group media offerings, including ad products and creative capabilities (The Trust)
- Develop a broad understanding of all Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group media properties assets, including The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch, Barron's, PENTA, WSJ. and Mansion Global
- Lead and project manage across relevant departments (including Sales, Product Marketing, The Trust, Ad Operations & Planning, Research, Events, etc.) to create integrated programs for clients
- Use research and data to share insights and support sales stories and value propositions for The Wall Street Journal and Barron's Group.
- Attend sales calls to pitch advertising and media ideas to mid/senior-level executives at clients and agency partners
- Manage your RFP team, communicating proposal and program status to all parties - including senior management
- Educate and keep the team updated with advertising industry trends and what opportunities or challenges they might present for our business
- Indirect oversight of Marketing Coordinator; provide advice and lend support on proposals
- B.A. or B.S. preferred, plus 6+ years of cross-platform Advertising experience including media strategy experience.
- Experience working in collaborative sales and marketing processes, including the interaction and strategy required in an advertising sales environment; experience working with Financial Services advertisers a plus
- An understanding of the current social, branded content, digital, mobile, and tablet landscapes
- Experience with how to translate the long-term goals of advertisers into solutions that could be provided by Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group media brands
- Excellent writing and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, etc.) skills. Design skills preferred.
- Comfort when working directly with our agency and brand contacts, and senior partners
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Marketing Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones."