Ally Financial Wins 14th Annual FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award
The FCS announces that Ally Financial has been named the 2019 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year (FMY). The award was presented to Andrea Brimmer, Chief Marketing & Public Relations Officer, at a gala dinner on November 21st at the New York Yacht Club in New York City. A panel of 16 senior marketing executives reviewed a record number of submissions for this year’s Award. The panel also recognized as runners-up Columbia Threadneedle Investments, Andrew Most, Vice President of Marketing Communication, and TD Bank, Arianna Orpello Lewko, SVP - Brand, Channel, Community and Field Marketing Strategy, for their marketing accomplishments in 2019.
In accepting her second FMY trophy in the past three years, Andrea Brimmer said, "I have been very blessed and fortunate in my career to achieve some amazing things and accomplish more professionally than I ever dreamed I would. Along the journey there is always one constant...my amazing team. ... The sheer will with which you have put this brand on your backs and elevated it in the marketplace is simply staggering. You bought in to the vision since day one, never questioned it, and only made it better. ... Your relentless focus, neverending drive and just damn good marketing saavy compel me to raise my game every single day and I know without hesitation that I would not be standing on this stage today if not for you."
The Judging Panel for the 2019 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award included 16 senior executives from leading financial companies:
- Berta Aldrich, Chief Marketing Officer, Private Advisor Group
- Dan Allocca, Global Head of Brand Marketing, Nuveen
- Dianne Anderson, Managing Director, Marketing, ProShares
- Ivy Brown, Senior Vice President Head of Brand and Community Marketing, TD Bank
- Mona Dessouki, Executive Director Marketing, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Henry Detering, Managing Director, Global Marketing, Lazard Asset Management
- Maureen Duff, Managing Director and Global Head of Marketing, Issuers Services, Pershing, Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
- Russ Findlay, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Hiscox
- Daniel Glantz, Global Head of Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships, AIG
- Toby Hoden, Chief Marketing Officer, Russell Investments
- Allyson Kostick, Global Head of Brand & Creative, NASDAQ
- Sheila Lamb, CMO of PGIM Fixed Income, PGIM
- Seth Morrison, Head of Global Marketing, SEI
- Emily Pachuta, Chief Marketing & Analytics Officer, Invesco
- Paula Pullano, Global Head of Marketing, Deutsche Bank Wealth Management
- Amy Summy, Partner, Marketing & Insights Lead, Americas Advisory, EY
The Judging Day Host Sponsor was CNN Business. The gala dinner included a champagne toast sponsored by The Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group. Table sponsors at the event included: Ally, Bloomberg Media, Columbia Threadneedle, Havas Media, Hiscox, Investopedia, Prosek, Reuters, TBWA, and TD Bank. Event sponsor The New York Times supported the event with a full page ad in the New York Times Magazine (Sunday, 11/24/19 edition). Graphics for the event and competition were created by Leibowitz Branding & Design.
The FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award recognizes the marketing organization whose marketing strategy and strong performance provides an inspiring example of how marketing and communications can advance a financial services firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work through innovation, creativity and impact in the marketplace. The winner is selected among nominated firms by a panel of senior marketers in financial services and advertising agencies.