State Street Global Advisors and John Brockelman Win FCS Financial Marketer of the Year 2020
The Financial Communications Society (FCS) announced tonight that State Street Global Advisors and John Brockelman, Global Head of Brand Marketing & Communications have been named the 2020 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year. The award was presented during a live virtual award ceremony. A panel of 16 senior marketing executives reviewed a record number of submissions for this year’s Award. The panel also recognized as runners-up E*TRADE Financial and Andrea Zaretsky, Chief Marketing Officer (first runner-up), and New York Life and David Williams, Head of Advertising, Sponsorships and Creative Services (second runner-up), for their marketing accomplishments in 2020.
“State Street Global Advisors is honored to be recognized by the Financial Communications Society for our campaign to educate investors on the impact that ETF liquidity can have on costs and trading in volatile markets,” said John Brockelman. “We communicated a complex investing idea with emotion, humor and substance across every conceivable channel — and, in the process, strengthened our brand as a liquidity leader with investors. I can’t thank enough the tireless efforts of our marketing team or the creative and compelling work of our agency partners at McCann and Fundamental Media who, collectively, made this campaign a big success.”
The Judging Panel for the 2020 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award included 16 senior executives from leading financial companies:
- Kari Axberg, VP, Co-Head of Marketing, New York Life
- John Brockelman, Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Brand Marketing & Communications, State Street Global Advisors
- Jennifer Brockington, Senior Director, Advertising, Media, Content, Ally Financial
- Deborah Bussiere, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Broadridge
- Maureen Duff, Managing Director, Global Head of Marketing, Issuer Services, Pershing, Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
- Jessica Fernandez, Head of WMI Segment Marketing, Invesco
- Porter Gale, Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. Wealth Management, Personal Capital
- Dipti Kachru, Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. Wealth Management, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Elizabeth Kelley, Head of Segment Marketing, Fidelity Investments
- Alison Lazzaro, VP, Head of Brand Marketing & Advertising, Prudential
- Arianna Orpello Lewko, SVP, Brand, Channel, Community and Field Marketing Strategy, TD Bank
- Justin Poser, Director of Marketing -- Businesses, Digital, Direct and Content Marketing, M & T Bank
- David Thuma, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, PNC
- Sylvia Toense, Head of Global Brand Marketing, T. Rowe Price
- John von Brachel, SVP, Content Marketing Executive, Bank of America
- Andrea Zaretsky, Chief Marketing Officer, E*TRADE Financial
The virtual awards ceremony included a happy hour toast sponsored by Jornaya. Presenting sponsors included: Fundamental Media and MullenLowe. Partner sponsors included: Gate + Assembly, McCann, and The Strategic Agency. Fundamental Media also sponsored a 15th Anniversary Tribute to prior winners since 2016. (Complete list on the FCS website.) Graphics for the event were created by Leibowitz Branding & Design.
The FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award recognizes the marketing organization whose marketing strategy and strong performance provides an inspiring example of how marketing and communications can advance a financial services firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work through innovation, creativity and impact in the marketplace.