Ally Financial and Andrea Brimmer Win FCS Financial Marketer of the Year for Unprecedented Third Time
The Financial Communications Society (FCS) announced tonight that Ally Financial and Andrea Brimmer, Chief Marketing & PR Officer, have been named the 2021 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year. This is the third win since 2017 for Ally and Brimmer.
The award was presented at the New York Yacht Club during an in-person gala dinner with 110 guests. A panel of 12 senior marketing executives reviewed this year’s submissions. The panel also recognized as runners-up David Williams, CVP Advertising, Sponsorships, Creative Services, New York Life (first runner-up), and Andrew Most, Head of Global Brand, Creative, & Content Strategy, Columbia Threadneedle Investments (second runner-up), for their marketing accomplishments in 2021.
“First, I must thank my amazing team who have been there every step as we continually elevate the Ally brand by being dynamically disruptive and culturally astute,” said Andrea Brimmer. “You make me and our brand better every day through all your hard work. This award means so much to me because it is judged by our peers in the financial services category who understand the challenges of keeping consumers engaged in their financial lives. The history of the prestigious winners speaks for itself, and I am so honored to be counted among them three times.”
The Judging Panel for the 2021 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award included 12 senior executives from leading financial companies:
- Alicia Curry, Executive Director, UBS Wealth Management Americas
- Karyn DiMattia, SVP, U.S. Brand and Creative, TD Bank
- Stephanie Glashow, CMO of Morgan Stanley at Work, Managing Director at Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley
- Vince Grogan, Director of Marketing, Lord Abbett
- Jon Holding, Head of Brand, Content & ETF Marketing, Invesco
- Andrew Most, Head of Global Brand, Creative, & Content Strategy, Columbia Threadneedle
- Kirti Naik, Head of Marketing & Communications, BNY Mellon
- Anna Papadopoulos,VP, Media and Sponsorships and Marketing Business Ethics Officer, Prudential
- David Thuma, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, PNC
- Damon Webber, Senior Vice President - Head of Business Banking Marketing, Bank of America
- Ilana Wiles, Director, Strategic Media Planning, Ally Financial
- David Williams, CVP Advertising, Sponsorships, Creative Services, New York Life
The awards gala was sponsored by presenting sponsor Anomaly and partner sponsor Fox Business. The cocktail reception was sponsored by Dianomi. Table sponsors included: Ally, Columbia Threadneedle Investments, Investopedia, Mediacom, MKTG, New York Life, R/GA, and Tier One. Graphics for the event were created by Leibowitz.
The FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award recognizes the marketing organization whose marketing strategy and strong performance provides an inspiring example of how marketing and communications can advance a financial services firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work through innovation, creativity and impact in the marketplace.