Arielle Gross Samuels, Global Head of Marketing for Blackstone, has been selected as recipient of the FCS Jamie E. DePeau Leadership Award for 2023. The trophy will be presented to Arielle at an awards gala on November 30th at the New York Yacht Club when the FCS also celebrates the FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award for 2023; this year’s finalists include AllianceBernstein, Ally, and Northwestern Mutual.
“The FCS is proud to recognize Arielle for her proven leadership as a marketer and mentor, and for the example she sets as a volunteer throughout her career, supporting organizations whose missions resonate with her personal and professional passions,” said Kevin Windorf, CEO of the FCS. “Her character and personal philosophy align with the FCS mission of Community, Education, Philanthropy, as Arielle has demonstrated a commitment to inclusion, equity and mentorship. In Arielle’s honor, the FCS is delighted to make a $5,000 donation to Girl Up, a leadership initiative from the UN Foundation, which she personally selected.”
Arielle was the featured guest speaker at the FCS Members Only Virtual Event Series in October 2023, and she served on this year’s Judging Panel for the 18th Annual FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award.
- The FCS Jamie E. DePeau Leadership Award was created to recognize an FCS member whose leadership inspires and educates others to think big, break down barriers and perform at their highest potential. The goal is to honor, every year, FCS members who, through personal and professional contributions to their communities, serve as living examples of the selfless, inspirational leadership that Jamie DePeau embodied during her career in financial services marketing. (See more below.)
Arielle Gross Samuels was nominated by Christine Anderson, Global Head of Corporate Affairs, Blackstone. Arielle was selected by a panel of five judges, who represent several facets of Jamie DePeau’s personal life and professional legacy. The judging panel included:
- Elena French, former SVP, Corporate Marketing, Communications and Brand, Lincoln Financial
- Renée Baker, Founder & CEO, at The RBI Group, recipient of the FCS Jamie E. DePeau Leadership Award 2020
- Caleb Silver, Editor-in-Chief, SVP, Content, at Investopedia; recipient of the FCS Jamie E. DePeau Leadership Award 2021
- Tom Jago, Managing Director, The Ward Group; Vice Chair, FCS
- Kevin Windorf, CMO, 2112 Communications; CEO, FCS
Arielle Gross Samuels joined Blackstone as its Global Head of Marketing at Blackstone in September 2022, following a nearly 10-year career at Facebook (now Meta). Most recently, she served as Meta’s Global Head of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Business, founding a global team focused on social good, business equity, sustainability, global marketing, and strategic programs and partnerships for 200M+ businesses around the world. Earlier positions at the firm include senior management roles in Global Marketing & Creative, and Product Operations. Arielle began her professional career at Deloitte, following internships at Procter & Gamble.
Arielle earned a Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Arielle’s industry accolades include being named to Forbes 30 under 30, a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeeper, University of Illinois Materials Science and Engineering Young Alumni Award, and Founding Member of Chief.
Her Board and Volunteer experience includes:
- Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media, Board Director
- University of Illinois Alumni Association, Board Director
- United Nations Foundation Girl Up, Board Member
- 92NY CEO Council, Founding Member
- United Nations Women Global Innovation Coalition for Change, Member
- ANA Global CMO Growth Council, Member, Society & Sustainability
- Women in Need, Partner
- Adweek, Executive Mentor
- AOL’s #BuiltByGirls program, Advisor
As the youngest alumna at her alma mater to establish a scholarship fund, she is also the benefactor of the Arielle Gross Engineering Visionary Scholarship Fund at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, created to support diversity in STEM.
Arielle embodies the attributes and spirit that Jamie DePeau valued. Throughout her career, she has embraced a responsibility to help others – through her leadership and mentorship, her generosity of time and talent, and her passion for equality and opportunity.
About Jamie E. DePeau
Jamie DePeau, Corporate Chief Marketing Officer, Lincoln Financial Group, was a true friend of the FCS and very supportive of our mission of community, education and philanthropy. She was an active member in the FCS Marketing Leadership Roundtable since its founding in 2012. That year, she participated in our Annual Education Summit, serving on a panel with fellow CMOs. In 2013, she served as one of our guest presenters at the 19th Annual FCS Portfolio Awards. When she was SVP, Marketing at TIAA-CREF, she presented at our monthly luncheon at the New York Yacht Club in December of 2007.
Jamie passed away in February of 2016. In April of that year, her work at Lincoln was recognized posthumously as her marketing team and their agency won seven trophies at the 22nd Annual FCS Portfolio Awards Gala. In addition to her own participation, Jamie encouraged her Lincoln colleagues to get involved with the FCS.
Outside of work, Jamie was very active at her community church, where she held senior roles in the parish’s lay leadership, as well as performing in its choir. She was a volunteer for the Ridgewood Baseball and Softball Association and for other Ridgewood youth sports groups.
In addition to her roles as mother and wife, boss and colleague, Jamie is remembered as a mentor and friend, and always a leader.