FCS Financial Marketer of the Year
Invesco and Emily Pachuta, Chief Marketing & Analytics Officer, were named the 2022 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year.
This Award recognizes innovation, creativity and impact in the financial services marketplace, and rewards the marketer and the marketing leader responsible. The award was presented during an in-person awards gala dinner at the New York Yacht Club on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
A panel of 19 senior marketing executives reviewed this year’s record number of submissions. The panel also recognized as runners-up Andrea Brimmer, Chief Marketing & PR Officer, Ally (first runner-up), and Lori Dillon, Head of Marketing, Citizens (second runner-up), for their marketing accomplishments in 2022.
The awards gala was sponsored by Judging Day co-sponsors The Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group and FOX Business. Table sponsors included: Ally, Citizens, Columbia Threadneedle Investments, Crossmedia, Dianomi, Insider and Invesco. Graphics for the event were created by Leibowitz.
The FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award celebrates how marketing and communications can advance a firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work in the marketplace.
Any questions on the Award, the judging process or the Gala can be sent to [email protected].
The photos on this page are from the 2022 Awards Gala and show the winner Emily Pachuta of Invesco; Jill Ellis and Justin Nicolette of Ally, accepting on behalf of Andrea Brimmer; and Jill Miller of Citizens, accepting on behalf of Lori Dillon.
Winner of the 2022 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award
Invesco and Emily Pachuta
The Judging Panel for the 2022 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award included 19 senior executives from leading financial companies.
- Linda Arrington JPMorgan Chase
- Michael Bruckstein Capital Group
- Joanne Choi Lazard Asset Management
- Kevin Comer CME Group
- David Dintenfass Fidelity Investments
- Jessica Fernandez Calamos Investments
- Elena French Lincoln Financial Group
- Lauren Gimlett Morgan Stanley
- Mollie Jensen Russell Investments
- Melissa Lowry Early Warning (Zelle)
- Maha Madain Santander
- Meghan McCartan Hightower Advisors
- Rob Prucnal KPMG
- Paula Pullano BNY Mellon Wealth
- Erik Schneberger American Century Investments
- Lee Shapcott PGIM
- Mike Venables Citi
- Beth Wood Principal Financial Group
- Beth Woodruff Ally
The winner was chosen by our judging panel based upon a submitted case study detailing the effective execution of marketing communications plans that achieved clearly stated objectives linked to quantitative and qualitative results. The panel was tasked with rating submissions in terms of demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Clear strategy, defining the campaign objectives, target, benefit, and insight
- Execution, aligned with strategy, applied consistently across all assets and channels
- Strong results, directly related to business objectives, quantitative (not anecdotal) evidence
- 2021 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2020 John Brockelman State Street Global Advisors
- 2019 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2018 Lea Stendahl E*TRADE Financial
- 2017 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2016 Niharika Shah Prudential
- 2015 Elyssa Gray Citi
- 2014 Brad Iversen Edward Jones
- 2013 Vinoo Vijay TD Bank
- 2012 Colin McConnell Prudential
- 2011 Paul Alexander Liberty Mutual
- 2010 Beth Hirschhorn MetLife
- 2009 Jim Speros Fidelity Investments
- 2008 Nick Utton E*TRADE Financial
- 2007 Rich Aneser Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management
- 2006 Barbara Glasser Smith Barney
The 2022 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Committee includes:
- Tom Jago The Ward Group
- Melissa Scauri Morgan Stanley
- Brent Buntin Code and Theory
- Katie Weber Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group
- Rob Pfeiffer FOX Business
- Sheevani Raikundalia Bloomberg Media
- Stuart Burkhoff Goldman Sachs
- John McCormick AdNode
- Karen List LMG
- Paul Leibowitz Leibowitz
- Anna Gutowski Informa
- Kevin Windorf Living Group
- Marisa Jago FCS