Every FCS event and activity is planned, organized and executed by a committee of dedicated volunteers. To get involved in a regional chapter, please contact the leadership of your local chapter. For national committees and for activities based in New York, please contact FCS Board Director John McCormick or FCS CEO Kevin Windorf.
FCS National Committees
- Membership Committee Active membership is the lifeblood of the FCS. This committee is charged with creating meaningful benefits for both corporate and individual members, while seeking to optimize recruiting efforts to broaden, deepen and diversify representation across financial institutions, agencies, media outlets and other resource partners.
- Communications Committee Working with the Website Committee, the Communications Committee provides news releases and other articles for www.thefcs.org. From writing informative recaps of FCS events to crafting stories about industry topics to critiquing popular business books, the writers on the committee look to tackle a wide range of topics of interest to the FCS membership.
- Philanthropy Committee In addition to annual support of children’s charities through individual events, the FCS considers other timely and relevant donations. The Philanthropy Committee vets requests for support and identifies unique giving / fundraising opportunities. The committee also works with members to identify support opportunities with their corporate foundations and philanthropy departments.
- Website/Social Media Committee The FCS website (www.theFCS.org), LinkedIn group, and presence on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook represent key sources for FCS members and the financial community at large. The committee’s role is to maintain an interactive experience that is useful as a communications vehicle for the FCS. The committee also solicits and provides value to sponsors, through ad space, and works closely with other committees to help them meet their communications objectives.
- Diversity & Inclusion Steering Committee The goal of DISC is to develop programming to help people underrepresented in our industry explore and advance their careers in all areas of financial and fintech marketing, media and communications. DISC also ensures that all FCS events and activities align with our DEI values.
- FCS Portfolio Awards Committee The annual Portfolio Awards recognize financial marketers and their agencies for advertising, digital and social media, branded content, event marketing, print collateral, visual identity, public relations, and employee communications. The committee is responsible for the complete organization of the event – including the call for entries process, judging, event logistics, and sponsorship. The annual gala awards dinner is a black-tie affair with music and dancing, and held in NYC in late April/early May.
- FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Committee The annual FCS Financial Marketer of the Year award is bestowed on a financial services company and its CMO for the marketing and communications work performed over the course of the prior year, that sets it clearly above the competition. The committee organizes the entire award process from the nominations and judging through the event planning and logistics. The award is presented each year at a gala dinner in late November/early December. Committee work begins in August.
FCS Race for Kids CommitteeSince 2000, the FCS has Since 2000, the FCS has helped raise more than $2.7 million for three children’s charities, primarily through our annual marketing summit known as FCS Race for Kids. Held over three days in January, the event serves as a fundraiser for Hope & Heroes Columbia University Medical Center, Make-A-Wish Vermont, and Downey Side Adoption Agency, with 100% of the net proceeds being donated directly. The committee helps organize all aspects of the ski weekend: from recruiting companies and individuals to coordinating activities for all participants as well as branding opportunities for sponsors.
One of the many highlights of the weekend is the three-day Fireside Forum, which includes several panel discussions. The committee develops the topics and recruits the senior level talent for each panel.
- Education Summit Committee The highlight of the many informational FCS events staged throughout the year is our Executive Education Summit. An expanded agenda of keynote presentations and panel discussions is designed for senior level participants on the stage and in the audience. The committee works on developing the theme, choosing panel topics, recruiting top industry talent, securing the venue and resources, and soliciting sponsorship.
FCS New York Committees
- Programming Committee This committee is charged with continuing the FCS’s rich legacy for delivering quality speakers for our monthly luncheons, periodic breakfast presentations and afterwork receptions. Committee members propose themes and speakers and help coordinate the logistics for each event.
- Charity Golf & Tennis Day Committee Each summer, FCS NY stages a fun and competitive golf and tennis outing whose net proceeds help fund our support of children’s charities. The committee coordinates the contract with a country club with a golf course & tennis courts, and organizes the logistics of the outing, including sponsorship, communications, recruiting, and prizes.
- Special Events Committee FCS NY looks to host special events focused on networking opportunities for its members and industry friends. These in-person social events have included Billiards Night, Libations Tastings, Casino Night, and Mardi Gras in the past. This committee identifies and recommends new event ideas and follows through on coordinating all logistics. Each event is designed to focus on our community and/or education mandates, while delivering a philanthropic result through the donation of net proceeds to our children’s charities.
- FCS Young Members Circle FCS YMC is the exclusive committee for dues-paying members 35 and younger. YMC hosts its own events, focusing on financial marketing topics, as well as career planning, personal brand building, social networking and community services. Annual membership is discounted and provides a discount to all in-person FCS events.