E*TRADE Financial Wins 13th Annual FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award for 2018 Accomplishments
Brighthouse Financial and MassMutual named Runners-Up
E*TRADE Financial has been named the 2018 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year. This Award recognizes innovation, creativity and impact in the financial services marketplace, and rewards the marketer and the marketing leader responsible. The award will be presented to Lea Stendahl, Chief Marketing Officer, at a gala dinner on November 29, 2018 at the New York Yacht Club in New York City. The FCS will also recognize runners-up Matthew Quale, Chief Marketing Officer, Brighthouse Financial, and Jennifer Halloran, Head of Brand, Advertising,Community Responsibility and Client Acquisition, MassMutual.
Now in its 13th year, the FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award (FMY) celebrates how marketing and communications can advance a firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work in the marketplace.
- 2017 Ally Financial; Andrea Brimmer
- 2016 Prudential; Niharika Shah
- 2015 Citi; Elyssa Gray
- 2014 Edward Jones; Brad Iversen
- 2013 TD Bank; Vinoo Vijay
- 2012 Prudential; Colin McConnell
- 2011 Liberty Mutual; Paul Alexander
- 2010 MetLife; Beth Hirschhorn
- 2009 Fidelity Investments; Jim Speros
- 2008 E*Trade; Nick Utton
- 2007 Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management; Rich Aneser
- 2006 Smith Barney; Barbara Glasser
Any marketer from an eligible financial services entity may be nominated regardless of FCS membership. Eligible financial services entities include: banks, credit card companies, securities firms, financial advisors, discount brokers, exchanges, financial information companies, mutual funds, ETFs or other investment instruments, asset management companies, accounting firms, insurance products and services (excluding health insurance). Individuals can nominate themselves and multiple individuals can be nominated from (distinct business units) within one organization.
In the spirit of peer-to-peer professional recognition, there are no fees required of any entrant.
CNN Business sponsored the Judging Day at their offices.
The Judging Panel for the 2018 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award included 13 senior executives from leading financial companies:
- Elyssa Gray, Vice President, Brand, Betterment
- Martin Lange, Global Head of Marketing Innovation, BNY Mellon
- Jim Hummerstone, Director of Global Advertising & Media, CFA Institute
- Mark Ingall, Managing Director, Citi
- Gordon Abel, Chief Marketing Officer, Dynasty Financial Partners
- Lauren Radcliffe, Vice President of Marketing, Media and Acquisition, E*TRADE Financial
- Kate Gunning, Executive Director, Global Head of Brand Strategy and Activation, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Bill Webster, Brand Director, National Life Group
- Dan Allocca, Managing Director, Head of Demand Generation & Marketing Analytics, Nuveen
- Alison Lazzaro, Vice President, General Manager Brand Marketing & Advertising, Prudential
- Mark McKenna, Head of Global Marketing, Putnam Investments
- Alissa Von Volkom, SVP, Director of Product Marketing, TD Bank
- David Fineman, VP, Head of Media, T. Rowe Price
The Award was chosen by this panel based upon a submitted case study detailing the effective execution of marketing communications plans that achieved clearly stated objectives linked to quantitative and qualitative results. The panel was tasked with rating submissions in terms of demonstrated excellence in the following areas, in order of importance:
- Strong Results: Directly related to objectives, quantitative (not anecdotal) evidence
- Clear Strategy, defining the campaign objectives, target, benefit and insight
- Consistent Execution, aligned with strategy, applied consistently across all executions
This year’s Financial Marketer of the Year Committee is chaired by:
- Brent Buntin, Code and Theory
- Nick Bernardo, The Washington Post
Any questions about the Award or the Gala can be sent to admin@theFCS.org.
Get updates on FCS
Subscribe to get the latest news and event updates