“Fearless Girl” wins top prize for State Street Global Advisors
Bank of America dominates with 21 trophies, including Consumer Best in Show
Citi follows with 17 and Multicultural Best in Show
Hiscox and OppenheimerFunds also score Best in Show Awards
PHOTO GALLERY Password: FCS2018
MORE PHOTOS Password: ziegfeld
On May 10, 2018, more than 530 financial marketing professionals gathered at The Ziegfeld Ballroom for the 24th Annual Financial Communications Society (FCS) Portfolio Awards. The black tie gala drew attendees from all over the country, who came together to celebrate 2017’s most creative financial advertising, collateral, digital media, and public relations efforts.
The top prize, the Judges’ Choice Award, was won by State Street Global Advisors (agency: McCann XBC) for its “Fearless Girl” PR Campaign. The work was selected by a consensus from among the judging panel of 26 industry experts who each nominated their favorite from among 450+ entries.
The “Best in Show” trophies* were won by:
- State Street Global Advisors
- McCann New York
- Fearless Girl PR Campaign
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS
- I'mpossible Print: Campaign
- Bank of America
- GroupeConnect, Burson
- Friends Again digital app
- Mobile Custom Units: Rhythm Shake, Kiip & Parsec
- LGBT Pride Campaign
Including its Best in Show award, the Bank of America brands, including Merrill Lynch and U.S. Trust, led the night with 21 awards, including 7 Gold trophies. Citi, along with Citi/AAdvantage, scored a total of 17 awards, including 5 Gold trophies and a Best in Show. Other big winners were OppenheimerFunds with 12 awards including 6 Gold trophies and a Best in Show; Barclays with 10 trophies (3 Gold) and Prudential with 10 trophies (1 Gold).
Another 21 firms were winners of multiple trophies, while 24 others received one each. Download the full list of this year’s winners.
Winners are welcome to order additional copies of their trophies. Download the order form.
The awards were presented by seven financial marketing executives:
- Renée Baker, Carillon Tower Advisers
- Lou Casale, Hiscox USA
- Jennifer Lindauer, Citi
- Kirti Naik, Russell Investments
- Matthew Quale, Brighthouse Financial
- Niharika Shah, Prudential
- John von Brachel, Bank of America
The New York Times sponsored the Judges’ Choice Award and hosted the Judges Breakfast; the gala opened with a cocktail reception sponsored by Investor’s Business Daily.
The Portfolio Awards competition recognizes creative excellence in marketing communications work from financial companies, with Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies awarded for Public Relations; Collateral & Annual Reports; Advertising in print, audio, television, out-of-home, direct mail, and multimedia; Digital Media including display/rich media, email, websites, web video, apps, and mobile; Social Media; Branded Content; and Visual Identity. Winning entries were received from financial services providers, including investment firms, credit card companies, investment banks, brokerages and exchanges, insurance companies, mutual funds, ETFs, hedge funds, accounting firms, clearing corporations and commercial banks.
* Best in Show trophies are awarded based on the highest average scores of the FCS Portfolio Awards judging panel, which also awards the gold, silver and bronze awards in each category. This year’s panel comprised 26 senior executives from financial firms and communications agencies.
- Lee Shapcott, AB
- David May, AIG
- Lynn MacDonald, Allianz Global Investors
- Saloni Janveja, Ally Financial
- Pam Upton, Bank of America
- James Spiegelhoff, BNY Mellon’s Pershing
- Matt Quale, Brighthouse Financial
- Ann Won, Citi
- Kevin Brady, Droga5
- Dawn Burke, E*TRADE
- Russ Messner, Edelman
- Mark Malloy, EMI Strategic Marketing
- Russ Findlay, Hiscox
- Jennifer Hasbrouck, Invesco
- David Wozniak, Lincoln Financial
- Duncan Shaw, Living Group
- Justin Poser, M & T Bank
- Jennifer Halloran, Mass Mutual
- Andrew Pelosi, MERGE
- Vince Grogan, Lord, Abbett
- Niharika Shah, Prudential
- Jim Kotulka, Publicis
- Toby Hoden, Russell Investments
- Kerin Morrison, TD Ameritrade
- Neil Gallagher, UBS
- Dan Simon, Vested
Agency Of Record
The agency of record for the 24th Annual FCS Portfolio Awards is Droga5, charged with all creative, ranging from print and online advertising to signage to the event journal. Special thanks to Cameron Yates and Trevor Mundt.
PORTFOLIO 24 COMMITTEE
Kevin Windorf, FCS
Cindy Pabst, Insider Inc.
Tom Jago, The Ward Group
- Dave Briggs, Moviebill
- Sheila Buckley, Insider Inc.
- Katherine Divney, Seeking Alpha
- Karen List, The New York Times
- Anniken & Bob McKeon, McKeon Productions
- Elizabeth Parks, Fortune
- Paul Patella, BNY Mellon’s Pershing
- Helen Seligman, Insider Inc.
- Phil Sievers
- Brendan Walsh, The New York Times
Get updates on FCS
Subscribe to get the latest news and event updates