FCS Financial Marketer of the Year 2022
|7:00||Dinner / First Course|
Judging Day Co-Sponsors
FCS Jamie E. Depeau Leadership Award
Global Head of Marketing
Beyond the success Leslie has enjoyed in her marketing career and as a mentor to so many work colleagues, she also finds time to be involved in her community and give back – both individually and through corporate partnerships she seeks out on behalf of CTI.
- • Leslie is an advocate, fundraiser and board member for Boston Medical Center, an organization that prides itself on providing excellent and accessible health services to everyone regardless of status or ability to pay.
- • She also supports Dare2Tri, which helps individuals with physical disabilities and visual impairments by building community and wellness through triathlon competitions.
- • She supports both of these organizations and raises awareness of them through the Columbia Threadneedle Investments Boston Triathlon.
- • Additionally, Leslie has served on the board of ImprovBoston and is also a member of the Women’s Network Advisory board for the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
- • Through Columbia Threadneedle’s community engagement program, Leslie volunteers and gives financial donations to local non-profits including the Greater Boston Food Bank, Pine Street Inn and Rosie’s Place.
About Jamie E. DePeau
Jamie DePeau, who passed away in February of 2016, was the Corporate Chief Marketing Officer of Lincoln Financial Group and a true friend of the FCS. Outside of work, Jamie was very active at her community church, where she held senior roles in the parish’s lay leadership, as well as performing in its choir. She was a volunteer for the Ridgewood Baseball and Softball Association and for other Ridgewood youth sports groups. In addition to her roles as mother and wife, boss and colleague, Jamie is remembered as a mentor and friend, and always a leader.
Financial Marketer of the Year Finalists
Chief Marketing & PR Officer
Women’s sports feature elite athletes, but receive <10% of sports coverage. Part of a vicious cycle, this inequity lessens athletes’ resources and earning potential. In 2022, Ally initiated its Primetime-ification of Women’s Sports. The goal: parity. Ally works relentlessly to create awareness of the vicious cycle, committing to actions aimed at breaking it and bringing others to the fight. With a first-of-its-kind pledge to spend equally in advertising, a contextually relevant initiative called “Watch the Game, Change the Game” and an increased investment with CBS to move the 2022 NWSL Championship into primetime, Ally made history. And they’re just getting started.
Head of Marketing
With the challenge to stand out in the Metro NY & NJ area with 200+ branches acquired over the past year and a half, Citizens focused on a primary target of Millennials and Gen Z consumers (25-44) with household income of $100k+. To celebrate New Yorkers and the drive, determination, and grit it takes to make it in the city, Citizens presented an immersive “ode to New York” experience showcasing the depths to which the bank goes to understand its customers and make them ready for all the twists and turns of their lives. The event, The Living Portrait of NYC, was a free 10-day only multi-sensory experience that showcased the resilience and brilliance of New York and was delivered through stunning images, sound, music, film, and live performances that evoked the creativity, passion, and vibrancy of the city.
Chief Marketing & PR Officer
Invesco QQQ aspired to create the official financial education program of the NCAA. So the asset manager developed created a genuinely useful, game-changing experience that gives back to the college student and student-athlete community. Invesco QQQ recognized that the key to connecting with the Gen-Z audience was to show up in ways that were extremely authentic to them, so the marketing team researched every aspect of the program with them and used their insights as a north star every for step of building and launching the program. Informed by college students – and promoted on platforms they frequent and by influencers they trust – Invesco QQQ launched “How Not To Suck At Money,” a free, mobile-first, web-based digital learning experience that delivers core financial lessons to help students develop healthy financial habits, ultimately empowering them to become part of the investor community. It uses choice-based game play in a semi-surreal 3D animated environment with curriculum based on Invesco Global Market Strategist Brian Levitt’s award-winning financial education content.
About FCS Financial Marketer of the Year
Now in its 17th year, the FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Award (FMY) celebrates how marketing and communications can advance a firm’s business objectives and elevate the standard for exceptional work through innovation, creativity, and impact. The winner is selected among nominated firms by a panel of distinguished financial services marketing experts. Submissions are judged on three criteria:
Defining the campaign objectives, target, benefit, and insight
Aligned with strategy, applied consistently across all executions
Directly related to business objectives, quantitative (not anecdotal) evidence
- Linda Arrington JPMorgan Chase
- Michael Bruckstein Capital Group
- Joanne Choi Lazard Asset Management
- Kevin Comer CME Group
- David Dintenfass Fidelity Investments
- Jessica Fernandez Calamos Investments
- Elena French Lincoln Financial Group
- Lauren Gimlett Morgan Stanley
- Mollie Jensen Russell Investments
- Melissa Lowry Early Warning (Zelle)
- Maha Madain Santander
- Meghan McCartan Hightower Advisors
- Rob Prucnal KPMG
- Paula Pullano BNY Mellon Wealth
- Erik Schneberger American Century Investments
- Lee Shapcott PGIM
- Mike Venables Citi
- Beth Wood Principal Financial Group
- Beth Woodruff Ally
- 2021 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2020 John Brockelman State Street Global Advisors
- 2019 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2018 Lea Stendahl E*TRADE Financial
- 2017 Andrea Brimmer Ally
- 2016 Niharika Shah Prudential
- 2015 Elyssa Gray Citi
- 2014 Brad Iversen Edward Jones
- 2013 Vinoo Vijay TD Bank
- 2012 Colin McConnell Prudential
- 2011 Paul Alexander Liberty Mutual
- 2010 Beth Hirschhorn MetLife
- 2009 Jim Speros Fidelity Investments
- 2008 Nick Utton E*TRADE Financial
- 2007 Rich Aneser Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management
- 2006 Barbara Glasser Smith Barney
The 2022 FCS Financial Marketer of the Year Committee includes:
- Tom Jago The Ward Group
- Melissa Scauri Morgan Stanley
- Brent Buntin Code and Theory
- Katie Weber Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group
- Rob Pfeiffer FOX Business
- Sheevani Raikundalia Bloomberg Media
- Stuart Burkhoff Goldman Sachs
- John McCormick AdNode
- Karen List LMG
- Paul Leibowitz Leibowitz
- Anna Gutowski Informa
- Kevin Windorf Living Group
- Marisa Jago FCS