On April 27th, the FCS Young Members Circle (YMC) was hosted by iHeartMedia at its Tribeca headquarters for a Cocktails with Content event. Fittingly, the topic was podcasting — an audio marketing category that has been turning up the volume for the past several years. A nascent media platform whose name was coined by blending “iPod” and “broadcast," podcasting didn’t catch on until 2004.
Event panelists included:
- Yu Wong, Executive Director, Digital Strategy, Morgan Stanley
- Matt Lieber, Co-Founder and President, Gimlet Media
- Aimee Keane, award-winning podcaster/journalist, Financial Times
The panel was moderated by Marc Siegel, iHeartMedia.
The panel discussed how podcasting has grown so rapidly, why it’s attracting advertisers, what the future of podcasting looks like, and how financial brands can utilize podcast in a meaningful way. Some of the stats shared included:
- Podcast consumption grew 23% from 2015 and 2016, and now 21% of the US population listens to the medium.
- This on par with Twitter usage per month (21%), and way above Spotify streamers in the US (13%).
Our thanks to iHeartMedia for sponsoring this event.